Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Showed up in my "mix" on YouTube at work today

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

bayonetbrant

Another one on the "mix" that I'd never heard of, but not bad...  very staccato to start, and almost like Jet, but the groove changes to more of a T-Rex feel further in

[yt]https://youtu.be/aoqgbYMqBpk[/yt]

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Pete Dero on August 11, 2018, 03:18:56 PM
Nice.  Male version of The Donnas.

That a good description right there.

trailrunner

Quote from: Pete Dero on August 11, 2018, 03:18:56 PM
Nice.  Male version of The Donnas.

My buddy and I saw The Donnas at the 9:30 club in DC, probably around 2004 or so.

bayonetbrant

none of the bands I've posted today are "ohmaigawd! AWESOMESAUCE!" but they were enjoyable enough that I though y'all might dig something new to check out :)

bayonetbrant

80s-inspired cheese metal with a big singalong chorus, but much better production value that you had in the 80s

[yt]https://youtu.be/NQqRR2r7444[/yt]

bayonetbrant

it's like a deep-fried Steely Dan

[yt]https://youtu.be/BBXSC8Qc7Bs[/yt]

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Pete Dero

Spotify's Top 20 U.S. Songs of Summer 2018:

In My Feelings – Drake
    Lucid Dreams – Juice WRLD
    SAD! – XXXTENTACION
    I Like It – Cardi B (feat. Bad Bunny, J Balvin)
    Nice For What – Drake
    Better Now – Post Malone
    Taste – Tyga (feat. Offset)
    Moonlight – XXXTENTACION
    Nonstop – Drake
    Yes Indeed – Lil Baby & Drake
    Girls Like You – Maroon 5 (feat. Cardi B)
    I'm Upset – Drake
    God's Plan – Drake
    Psycho – Post Malone (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
    All Mine – Kanye West
    Jocelyn Flores – XXXTENTACION
    Don't Matter To Me – Drake (with Michael Jackson)
    All Girls Are The Same – Juice WRLD
    Look Alive – BlocBoy JB (feat. Drake)
    changes – XXXTENTACION

I'm afraid I must admit I don't know one song on the list  :-[.

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/spotify-reveals-its-top-songs-of-the-summer-1202917332/

bayonetbrant

I know a few of them, and extrapolating from that, you've got a giant pile of absolute shit right there

Staggerwing

I think you are being very unfair...

unfair to actual shit, that is. After all, it, at least, has physiological and ecological value.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Pete Dero

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 27, 2018, 09:30:21 AM
I know a few of them, and extrapolating from that, you've got a giant pile of absolute shit right there

Takes me back to a time when being in a band didn't mean you had to know how to sing or play.