Main Menu

The Witcher 3

Started by Tpek, February 06, 2013, 01:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostryder

Quote from: Gusington on July 31, 2017, 08:31:27 AM
If you're going to reference Game of Thrones, how would you categorize everything north of The Wall? Are the White Walkers supernatural?

And how would you categorize alchemy itself and the powers alchemy gives to The Witcher? The powers alchemy gives are not natural, they are a step above natural, at least.

Good points gus. many things north of the wall i'd say could be supernatural. john Snow coming back to life as well. But that doesn't justify batman gung fu. nor does it make every character 'supernatural'. i'd argue even the dragon queen isn't supernatural. She'a a hot babe that also stars in Terminator movies -- but her abilities-as explained btw--are dynasty based....she has the blood.

but remember--as buffed as the witcher is...the monsters in this lore are even more buffed. A werewolf can hand geraldt his ass--only his training and knowledge and the use of proper oils allows him to defeat one. That's how the Lore is. But that's not how the combat in the game is.

if your going to create a world at least respect it's rules....don't bend them to appaise the bean counters looking at console gamers. That ultimately leads to Fallout 4 type games. We got enough of that crap. you want action go play something sold as such. I understand the batman games are very good in this regard. but don't ruin my RPG.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rayfer

Gusington

OK so if the creatures that The Witcher fights can kick his ass...which is true - don't wander into areas you are not prepared for in this game - doesn't that make the game a little less dumbed down?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on July 31, 2017, 07:48:49 PM
OK so if the creatures that The Witcher fights can kick his ass...which is true - don't wander into areas you are not prepared for in this game - doesn't that make the game a little less dumbed down?
^ I done exactly this and ended up giving up and moving out the area - I just couldn't kill what I had to. I think it was Level 10 and I was 7 or 8
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Me too! I chalked it up to 'a learning experience.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Storm of Zehir for Neverwinter Nights 2 uses a map of the surrounding area with wandering parties of monsters, soldiers, etc. and they're labeled by what they are, what level they are and whether hostile, friendly, or neutral. But the info is based on what you know about them, your ability to "Spot", "Listen", and your "Survival" skills. So what you think you know maybe wrong. You know you can kick plenty of Kobold-Ass but how many Ogres can you handle? And while you're trying to decide, the wandering parties also can "Spot" you. And come after you.  :hide:  It all works surprisingly well and makes exploring fun.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ghostryder

I like that sort of thing. Auto level games...like bethseda games level the monsters to you. It is actually a cheat in the game to not level and stay level 1-- as abilities don't start being added until the higher levels-and monsters are actually more difficult once they get them. You have no sense of progress in these games-and the exploration aspect is tampened because everywhere you go the monsters will always be at your level.

Con

For those of you who loved Witcher...here is a little nostalgia tribute celebrating Witchers 10th anniversary

I have to admit I actually got excited and a little bit emotional seeing these characters again all interacting.  Never had that from a computer game.

mirth

Great vid from one of the greatest RPG series of all time.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Ian C

Great vid. It brings it back home immersive the game is.
I need to replay Witcher 3 after seeing this. Anyone replayed it fully for a second time? Is it as good as the first run?

Gusington

I still have to play Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine, but I would not hesitate to play the main game through again. Looking forward to the Gwent standalone game's campaign too, even though I really sucked at Gwent in the main game.

You're making me all weepy!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

acctingman

Damn, I really need to step away from board gaming and model making to play this game.

Gusington

I'm gonna lose it. I'm all faclempt.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd