Main Menu

Crusader Kings II

Started by Greybriar, February 12, 2012, 06:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Well I broke down and got Jade Dragon. Have absolutely no interest in playing in the east but not knowing what QOL improvements are in the patch and whats not (and being too lazy to look it up) decided to get it. Looks like I'll be starting a new game later today.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

ghostryder

well here is a few of them:

When dying, the game will now ensure that your heir has the same items equipped as you did if at all possible.
The "has guardian" icon on a character now takes you to the guardian's character page if clicked.
The "leading troops" icon on a character now pans to the unit they're leading, and selects it if it is yours.
The "council action" icon on a character now pans to the province they're taking the action in.
When a landed character is selected, their realm will now be highlighted on the map, similar to how CB targets are highlighted. - Love this one!
If you click the currently selected character again, the game will now pan to their location.
When assigning "Proselytize" job action, the map coloring will be different if the province is of the wrong religion, or if the target is an independent ruler rather than one of your provinces.
The AI now considers any strong realm nearby a potential threat. - This wasn't already the case!? WTF!
The AI is now a bit more aware of just how superior heavy cavalry is to light infantry.
Gave the AI a crash course in how to hand out titles.
Taught the Pope Geography 101, with an emphasis on what "distance from Catholicism" and "size of kingdom" means in the context of Crusades, and why this means that invading India when Egypt is right there might be a bad idea.

Kushan

Thanks GR!

Quote from: ghostryder on November 17, 2017, 09:27:25 AM
To be expected there are bugs. And of course most mods are outdated as usual- but if you play the game for the reasons I do you can't miss this DLC.

Any particular mods you recommend? I've modded Stellaris pretty heavily but haven't taken that plunge with CK2 and EUIV yet.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

ghostryder

I don't use a lot of mods. The beginning game options offer up mostly what i want depending on the type of game I want to play. Fore example if i want to restore Persia and use the Zoroastrian faith I may set unlimited Demense in options in order to control almost all the counties--since this applies to the A.I. as well another way to achieve it is by using sketchy's cheat mod. There's a master landowner trait it adds that adds 100 Demense--enough to create the empire and restore the faith. that;s a bit fantasy though...I've also enjoyed trying to do it without the cheat and manage my vassals--depends on the mood I'm in and if i want to work at it that much.

One mode i often use because I'm poor thinking up names is sketchy's rename anyone that supplies a nice list of male and female names to choose from:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=935956219

Here's Sketchy's cheat menu--
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608738995 --- a little troublesome as of the last DLC as the update is missing some features---namely the master landowner that I use---but it also provides the immortal trait which I sometimes use --

I've had some fun playing a Jewish character and attempting to rebuild the temple etc....since you start in a single county in Africa in 769 it's a challenge---but to make it more interesting I'll pair it with the Jewish Kings mod-- it overall fleshes playing them out and makes it more interesting.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740534329

Of course there is the Game of Thrones mod...but note that mod adds so much your likely not make it 200 years before the whole thing collapses and implodes.

I also at times play a Norse viking and try to reform the religion which is challenging. If you manage to reform it it's probably the strongest faction in the game.

Another way I like to play is use the cathar religion. Grow large enough ---5 holdings larger--and the catholic religion becomes heretic--but what i like about it is you can land your daughters and so it makes things a lot easier management wise---there's a game option for this as well but then it applies to the A.I.--- the downside is you can't reform Cathar---

According to steam I've played 793 hrs. That's a low actual figure as if my memory serves I bought the game before it was moved to steam. In any event I've yet restored Rome or played a merchant republic--the amount of ways to play is staggering really and it's always a different game.

I used to play the secret societies but often ignore them now having went through each one---which only takes 40 or 50 years to experience each. they just aren't that deep and become tedious after a while though the buffs are usually nice.

Gusington

I really hope at least one of your Jewish kings was named Star, Jarhead or Gus.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2017, 01:08:37 PM
I really hope at least one of your Jewish kings was named Star, Jarhead or Gus.

My Jewish Empire is thriving, but no emperors named any of those. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Think you're thriving now? Just wait for the Three Jewish Wisemen to show up.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

If they show up, then I know I can kick the Byzantines to the ground, retake Jerusalem, and erect the third temple!!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Now you're talking. Just remember to keep kosher.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Alright. Firing up an old thread.

I have some steam dollars to spend, and I am looking at the Holy Fury expansion.

I have several of the expansions already..and this one intrigues me. The idea of "shattering" all the kingdoms and duchies down to the county level at the start of the game seems pretty good.

I have about 170 hours in game, and I like building up from a county or two, and seeing how big I can get my empire. In prior attempts, I would run up against a kingdom, and get roffle-stomped.

Who has experience in this expansion? How do you like it? Is it easier to start/expand an empire, as it seems?

DennisS

*sigh* I'm struggling. I have started, and got crushed, three straight games, using the "shattered" start. The first was in randomly choosing Uppland (Norse). I had 219 troops, ALL other counties around me had 800+. Nope. Not gonna work. I got bigger, they got bigger, I died.

Second attempt was Venice. It's a Duchy, by itself!! I created a one-county Duchy, and got stuck. Water between me and everyone else, and I waited and built up for close to a hundred years, then BOOM! Fratrecelli Uprising. They had 4800 troops, and I had 1100..and no money for mercenaries. The rabble put my head on a pole, outside the castle.

Third attempt. Lisboa. This time, I borrowed 300g immediately, and immediately took the second of two counties needed to make a duchy. It worked!!! My Duke was 38, and the only traits I chose were "genius" and "wounded." This also worked VERY well, as my first born also had the trait genius passed on to him. I gave my brother the second county. Oops! When I had a daughter, he got REALLY cranky..and wanted my throne! Once again, I didn't have enough money to hire mercenaries, and I didn't have enough prestige to revoke his title (takes 50). Like an idiot, I was only 18, and he was 17. I should have waited until I was more solid on my throne. Sadly..I lost this war as well. The biggest shame was that Lisboa (randomly) had FIVE slots for holding. I was going to create three more towns, and be VERY wealthy.

Great game.

DennisS

Gusington

First time you've ever played?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Quote from: Gusington on September 26, 2019, 09:08:59 PM
First time you've ever played?

No..but it's been several years. I like the new shattered world mechanic..the idea of taking a single county to domination.

It IS open to abuse. Simply save up enough to hire a merc company, and take over three counties, rinse, and repeat. With all counties, no one county has the ability to stand up to you, and very few have defense agreements in place.

I built a very fast duchy, and had a nice head start on my neighbors.