IHOP is now IHOb

Started by mirth, June 11, 2018, 09:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I love grits IF they're cooked right. The wife and I went to Gatlinburg, Tenn. and they have Shoney's there with 'all you can eat' the breakfast bar with grits done right.  O0  And everything else in abundance also breakfast-wise.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Not many Shoneys left!

I love Quaker instant grits, which are (oddly) better than the not-instant grits. Grew up eating grits and eggs and bacon for breakfast every morning. Mom still makes breakfast for dinner sometimes, always includes in the grits!

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

STOP IT! You're making me drool all over my keyboard.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

besilarius

Perhaps a special variant?  IHOGG?
International House of Groggy Grits?
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

If the grits are good, I'd eat them even if I had to eat them off Flo's...... no, nevermind. I would NEVER go that far.

em2nought

If they really wanted to get me to eat there the should have renamed them Howard Johnson's and brought back all-you-can-eat fried clam night.  :bd:
Stolen elections have consequences.

Sir Slash

The wife and I were just in Gatlinburg, Tenn. and I had the best Catfish Bites I ever ate at "Howard's Famous Steakhouse". That man knows his catfish.  :smitten:

bbmike

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 26, 2018, 09:44:24 PM
The wife and I were just in Gatlinburg, Tenn. and I had the best Catfish Bites I ever ate at "Howard's Famous Steakhouse". That man knows his catfish.  :smitten:

T'aint no such thing as 'cafish bites'.What them there folks in Gatlinburg call 'catfish bites' is actually called lamb fries.  :-"
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

Mine had whiskers on it. Do lambs have whiskers?