Godspeed Barbara Bush

Started by mirth, April 15, 2018, 08:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Well at least it's not Fat Elvis or The Last Years of Marlon Brando.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I didn't know she has COPD - was she a smoker?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Bourbon is considered THE Comfort Med.  :notworthy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

COPD doesn't necessarily come from smoking; it's an inflammation of the lung that restricts air flow. It can come from bronchitis and/or pneumonia infections, and emphysema as well. Any air irritant, like smog or pollution (including first- or second-hand smoke) can contribute to it.

mirth

It is being reported that Barbara Bush has passed. RIP.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

RIP Barbara. You brought a bit of class to an increasingly undignified American Political Scene.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 17, 2018, 06:55:17 PM
RIP Barbara. You brought a bit of class to an increasingly undignified American Political Scene.

+1. And I hope George is able to handle this.  :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Damn. That happened fast. RIP Barbara. :(

And I imagine George won't be far behind her...those two were awfully close, and I thought he was in much poorer health than her, damn it all. :(

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 17, 2018, 07:49:08 PM
And I imagine George won't be far behind her...those two were awfully close, and I thought he was in much poorer health than her, damn it all. :(

That has been the prevailing thought tonight.  :-\

Sir Slash

Very sad news. I have the greatest respect and admiration for the Bushes. Very Class Acts both of them.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Forget politics.  I've seen some horrible "Good riddance" and worse moments on my facebook. 

A good woman, a good person.  Her husband is a good man too, and I'd imagine he's not far behind. I wouldn't be either if I lost my wife. 

I mourn her, she was an example of what we need as a first lady.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.