Main Menu

The Meg

Started by mirth, April 15, 2018, 07:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

well, this looks like a thing

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

More like "The Meh".
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

it'll probably make $500 mil.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

So,  The Million Dollar Meh.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

That looks like a direct-to-Netflix special, or something to watch on one of those other streaming sites and not the theater.

OJsDad

Jaws on steroids. Probably find out it was caused oil drilling n
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Steelgrave

I'll wait for the sequel........Sharknado:The Meg Edition

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Do Chinese people harbor secret fantasies about watching thousands of their bretheren get murderized by natural events, giant Kaiju monsters including massive sharks, and so on? I guess I can see the benefit - less crowding, real estate prices get more reasonable, more resources for those that weren't swimming in Meggie's giant broth tank (e.g. the beach), etc.

Gusington

Well we know the Japanese do, along with a whole host of other weird mental shit from WWII.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

I actually read that book back when it came out. IIRC, there were a few different 'WTF?' scenes in it so don't blame the filmmakers if the film has them too.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 15, 2018, 05:21:43 PM
I actually read that book back when it came out. IIRC, there were a few different 'WTF?' scenes in it so don't blame the filmmakers if the film has them too.

Nerd!!!