RIP Pat Torpey, rock drummer

Started by bayonetbrant, February 09, 2018, 06:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

MetalDog

Saw them live in '90.  Closed the show with a killer Won't Get Fooled Again.  RIP Pat.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

this just popped up in my Youtube mix that I'm listening to at work today.

It's Mr Big from 2017

By then Pat had to leave the band b/c of how advanced his Parkinson's had gotten, and he couldn't reliably play or tour with them anymore.

But when they shot the video for a single from their 2017 album?  They brought Pat back for a couple of day to be a part of the video shoot, and had 2 drummers on set.  Now, he's not playing well, but he's there, and banging away.

This is one of the classier moves I've ever seen from a band...

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers