New California Declares Independence from the Rest of the State

Started by Labbug, January 16, 2018, 11:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

that would be a very red state if it were to come to fruition.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

I think it should be called 'California' and the rest of the state should be "Pelosi-topia".  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 16, 2018, 12:40:59 PM
I think it should be called 'California' and the rest of the state should be "Pelosi-topia".  :coolsmiley:

Pelosistan
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

trailrunner

I think the rest of the state might be happy to see them go.  It might be a mutually agreeable divorce.

Windigo

Quote from: trailrunner on January 16, 2018, 05:31:41 PM
I think the rest of the state might be happy to see them go.  It might be a mutually agreeable divorce.

Its would be all good will and decorum until they divvy up the water supply
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

BanzaiCat

Looks like it's pretty much the conservatives have had enough of the liberals' bullsh*t. Somehow too this will be Trump's fault.

bayonetbrant

The irony of that map being that Santa Clara County (w/ San Jose) really belongs in blue, since that's where you've got Cupertino, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, and Mountain View, to go along w/ San Jose and Santa Clara, while Monterey County should be in yellow, as the heavy agricultural county just to the south.  Yes, Monterey County hits the coast (and would cause a non-contiguous blue band up and down the coast) but the political/social leanings of that county overall are far, far more conservative than most of the surrounding areas.  The whole Salina River valley is like driving through a salad bar - tomatoes, onions, broccoli, lettuce, carrots, artichokes, garlic, radishes, strawberries, cabbage...  all up and down that valley and each with their own town.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Sir Slash

She was HOT! Even old Superman snuck-in a gawk or two at her rack.