Oregon Is Freaking Out About...

Started by OJsDad, January 03, 2018, 11:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 04, 2018, 10:09:01 PM
no, the people making jokes about Oregon seem to be a bunch of right-wing Trumpeters who making fun of lefty snowflakes.

the reality is that the places in Oregon where they're allowing self-serve are the red counties full of Trumpsters

Yep. It's the stupidest.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

MetalDog

mirth

MetalDog

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

No, it hits the top of the Stupid Meter alright. Second only to the argument we had of whether there WAS a Stupid Meter and why we thought we needed one. Well I guess we solved that one. I think the people in Oregon should go back to growing potatoes like they're supposed to so we can keep putting them up people's tailpipes while they're trying to pump their own gas. Win/win.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: MetalDog on January 04, 2018, 08:43:23 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 04, 2018, 05:36:28 PM
Also I never know what to do , stay in the car until he's finished and appear rude , or , get out of the car and try to talk to the guy ...

Growing up, there were attendants pumping gas.  Whoever was driving would roll down the window, tell the attendant how much of which grade of gasoline and then pay the person when they were done.  A lot of times, the attendant would check your oil.  At the very least, they would wash your windows for you.

That's incredible service! But then purely as a cultural observation, America has always had a very good record when it comes to the service industry. I think you guys have a good reputation for knowing how to look after the customer. At least that's what I've heard from family and friends who've either been to America, or live there.

I think if I'd have grown up with that as the norm. Petrol station attendants. I'd feel a lot more comfortable about the whole thing. But also I think, it's just me. Apart from everything else I've already said, I hate waiting around... I get slightly impatient! It makes me feel useless and a bit like a spare prop! Especially if I know I could be doing it myself. And it's hardly rocket science knowing how to fill your own car up! It's quite easy to learn :) I think it's sort of a rite of passage..... Plus, I like to play the game of 'can I make the pump stop dead on 00', lol. It's the small things in life that get me through a day!   ;D
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

mirth

DoctorQuest

"Stupid" may have been a very appropriate label here.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

BanzaiCat

Wait for the pics of cars going down the highway with fuel nozzles still in the socket.  :2funny:

Sir Slash

When I was a kid, and mini-skirts were in fashion, we used to go to the Gas Stations and volunteer to run-out and pump the girls gas for them. And clean their windshields. While they sat in their front seats. In their mini-skirts.  :D   Trouble was we fogged-up the windshields as quick as we cleaned them. We were all about service back then.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 05, 2018, 11:00:26 AM
When I was a kid, and mini-skirts were in fashion, we used to go to the Gas Stations and volunteer to run-out and pump the girls gas for them. And clean their windshields. While they sat in their front seats. In their mini-skirts.  :D   Trouble was we fogged-up the windshields as quick as we cleaned them. We were all about service back then.

Girls were wearing miniskirts in the 1920s when you were a kid?