Main Menu

Dogs

Started by airboy, January 01, 2018, 01:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Police Kennel Master - the absolutely perfect sounding career.

I have always wanted a German Shepherd but hip problems, etc., scared me away.

Of course no one warned me about the high counts of bone cancer in Rottweilers and that is what ours succumbed to 😓

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

When my mom and I moved out of my grandparents' place in VA to go to TX, my grandparents moved to an apartment in Silver Spring that didn't allow dogs. So we had to give our GS away to an Air Force master sergeant. At least he had a good home for his later years. Always wanted another one.

Sir Slash

Years ago someone actually dropped-off a pug at my house. Don't know who they were, I never spoke to them. The dog just came wandering up to the house and started making himself at home with my pugs. I asked all over but nobody knew who he was or where he came from. The only thing I could think of was somebody didn't want him and knew I had pugs but why not just come to me and ask if I would take the dog? At that time there was a lot of animal theft going on around and maybe it was connected somehow, how do you 'fence' a pug? Anyway we found him a good home no problem so Happy Ending.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 18, 2018, 10:32:33 AM
Years ago someone actually dropped-off a pug at my house. Don't know who they were, I never spoke to them. The dog just came wandering up to the house and started making himself at home with my pugs. I asked all over but nobody knew who he was or where he came from. The only thing I could think of was somebody didn't want him and knew I had pugs but why not just come to me and ask if I would take the dog? At that time there was a lot of animal theft going on around and maybe it was connected somehow, how do you 'fence' a pug? Anyway we found him a good home no problem so Happy Ending.  :clap:

I've checked for pugs at shelters but the only ones you find are either not really pugs or near death. I will eventually get a pug, though.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Pugs are fartin' machines.

Hofstadter

Rebel, 14 years old, deaf, blind in one eye

Finny 4 years old, bad back, bad jaw, bad legs.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Dammit Carl!

Step-father has two pugs and the kids love them (I'm kind of fond of them myself, but one of those almost always takes a dump in our bedroom right before they leave if he brings them over to our house and I'm fairly certain I know which one).  I'm jonesing for a French Bulldog, to be honest.

Crazy about them dropping off a dog like that but glad it turned out alright.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 19, 2018, 07:10:41 AM
Pugs are fartin' machines.

You're a pug?!  I thought you were a cat!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

DoctorQuest

We had to put down my daughter's 14 year old border collie this week.

She had developed cancer on the spleen and liver.

Man, it was rough. I can hear about humans dying all day long and I feel bad but it is nothing to compare to my feelings when a pet dies. I don't know what that says about me.

RIP Domino.

I gotta go. Something in my eye...
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

airboy

I'm sorry for your loss.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Sorry to hear about your loss Doc Quest. It's never easy.... :'(

Dammit Carl!

Sir Slash

Rest In Peace Domino. All dogs go to Heaven, even the ones that dump in your bedroom.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

Thanks, everyone.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.