Ellis Family (bawb & Denise)

Started by panzerde, December 22, 2017, 08:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

We now have the date for Stuart's funeral; 12.45 on the 17th January.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Emeraldlis

I'm glad your family finally has a date for the funeral . All the best and lots of love to you all for that day .

Quote from: Pelenise on January 03, 2018, 07:04:00 PM
Guys and Guyess, I have just read all your comments, and I thank you for your prayers, and support, Stuart was our oldest he would have been 38 on 7th Jan, Rob and I have no words to say, but thank you from the bottom of our hearts,  love you all

Speaking as a mum to another mum , I'm so sorry for your loss . It's difficult to know what to say , because it's just so awful what you're going through . But you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers , lots of love to you Denise xxx
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

JasonPratt

Just saw this thread for the first time.

God give your family strength and honor, Bob; and peace to your son. It doesn't end here, and we're not alone in the suffering of this life. (Which is much of the point to Christmas season per se, come to think of it.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bob48

Thank you, Jason. Your words are appreciated.

'Clip those corners'

mirth

Many thoughts and prayers for the Ellis family today.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on January 17, 2018, 04:10:49 PM

+1. I can't imagine what they are going through.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

panzerde

A gentle reminder: Anyone that can, there is a GoFundMe page to raise money to assist with caring for Bawb & Denise's grandchildren, Stuart's daughter and son.

If you can spare a fiver the link is https://www.gofundme.com/grace-ellis-fund

Bob, Denise, Karl, Grace & Jacob, you are in Terri and my thoughts today.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

OJsDad

Quote from: bbmike on January 17, 2018, 04:14:21 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 17, 2018, 04:10:49 PM

+1. I can't imagine what they are going through.

+1
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Love to Bob and Den and all those who loved Stuart.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

All my and my family's love to you guys in these trying times, Bob.

Windigo

Quote from: panzerde on January 17, 2018, 04:20:25 PM
A gentle reminder: Anyone that can, there is a GoFundMe page to raise money to assist with caring for Bawb & Denise's grandchildren, Stuart's daughter and son.

If you can spare a fiver the link is https://www.gofundme.com/grace-ellis-fund

Bob, Denise, Karl, Grace & Jacob, you are in Terri and my thoughts today.

Thanks for the reminder panzerde. Its guys like me who need them. (donation sent)
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

panzerde

Quote from: Windigo on January 18, 2018, 11:06:31 AM
Thanks for the reminder panzerde. Its guys like me who need them. (donation sent)

No, thank you Windigo. Your generosity is very much appreciated.

bob48

On behalf of Grace, Jacob, Denise, myself and our families, I would like to thank you all for your support and donations, which I assure you are very welcome and will be put to good use while Stuarts affairs are being put into order.

He had an amazing send off, with an estimated 200 people attending the funeral, which was very touching. Stuart was a well liked man and had many friends, not only from places he had worked at, but also from his school days, and we were very gratified that so many of them attended to say goodbye to him.

He was a keen golfer, and, by his own admission, not a terribly good one. The group of pals with whom he played said they will now obtain a trophy, the 'Stuart Ellis Cup', and when they hold thier touramnets, they will award the cup to whoever gets the worst score. Its the sort of thing that would have appealed to Stuarts sense of humour.

Finally, I would like to offer a big thank you to our dear, and very special friend, Doug, who organised the gofundme for the kids. Thank You Doug and Terri for all you have done.

Very sincere thanks from us both;
Robert and Denise.

'Clip those corners'

panzerde

Terri and I are still so sorry about Stuart's passing, but I'm glad he had a grand send off. You and Denise and the whole family are very much in our thoughts these days.

Let me also express my deep gratitude for everyone's support, emotionally and financially to Bob and Denise during this time. The Grogheads family is a crew to be proud of.

mirth

Quote from: panzerde on January 19, 2018, 10:18:14 AM
Terri and I are still so sorry about Stuart's passing, but I'm glad he had a grand send off. You and Denise and the whole family are very much in our thoughts these days.

+1 Well said.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus