The Night before Christmas

Started by besilarius, December 02, 2017, 06:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

A Navy version"
Twas the night before Christmas, compartments were still, The sailors were sleeping, as most sailors will. The ditty bags hung by the lockers with care, In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there. The men were all peacefully dreaming in bed As visions of liberty danced in each head. The Chief in his skivvies, hopped into his rack, Having just came from town and a quick midnight snack. When out on the deck there arose such a roar, I ran to the porthole to find out the score. I stuck out my head and started to shout, "Just what in the world is this noise all about?" A moon made for boon docking showed with a glow, It was downright cold out, 'bout seven below. What I saw out there looked like those Mardi Gras floats, 'Twas a Captain's gig drawn by four white Navy goats. In the boat was a man who seemed quiet and moody, I knew in an instant St. Nick had the duty. As quickly as Monday his billy goats came, He whistled and shouted and called them by name. "Now Perry, now Farragut, Dewey and Jones, What's the matter John Paul, got lead in your bones? A little to Starb'rd, now hold it up short, No fluffing off now, or you'll go on report!" He was wearing dress "Reds" that fit like a charm, His hash marks they covered the length of his arm. The gifts to be issued were all in his pack, The gedunk was ready to leave on each rack. His eyes they were watering, his nose caked with ice, He wiped it with canvass, then sneezed once or twice. He opened his mouth and started to yawn, It looked like the Sun coming up with the dawn. The stump of a pipe, he held tight in his teeth, And took a small nip from a bottle beneath. He wasn't so big, but he must have been strong, I figured he'd been in SEALs early and long. He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old Tar, Who said "Evenin' Matey, here - have a cigar." He filled every sea bag with presents galore, And left us all leave papers, right by the door. With "Anchors Aweigh" he climbed back into place, A broad smile was creeping all over his face. One look at his watch and he started to frown, "This mid watch is certainly getting me down." Then out to the breakwater and into the night, The gig started fading, the landscape was bright. "Merry Christmas" he said, as he drove on his way, "Now I'll finish my rounds and sack in for the day."
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

besilarius

Ah, the memories that come back:

Imagine Bing Crosby singing this! Subic Christmas...

Do you smell what I smell,
Halfway cross the bridge, sailor boy?
Do you smell what I smell?
A turd, a turd, floating by the boat
Much worse than puke from a goat,
Much worse than puke from a goat!

Do you taste what I taste,
In the cheap hotel, sailor boy?
Do you taste what I taste?
A honeyko, her time of month is here,
Pin on those Red Wings so dear,
Pin on those Red Wings so dear!

Said the Chief to the sailors everywhere,
Listen to what I say!
Be on time, be on time, sailor boys!
Listen to what I say!
You hooted with owls late into the night,
At quarters like eagles take flight,
At quarters like eagles...taaake fliiiiiiight!
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhjWdr-LAA

South Kitsap High School was given a challenge to perform a unique Christmas Show.
"Oh, we can Handel it."

"With your eyes closed?"

besilarius

Stand back, kids.  Frosty has work to do.

"With your eyes closed?"

bbmike

Is that a pistol in Frosty's pocket...?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

besilarius

A Command Master Chief and his wife, stationed at Naval Air Station (NAS), Brunswick, Maine decided to take leave for a couple of weeks to Florida to thaw out during a particularly icy winter.

They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules.

So, the Command Master Chief left NAS Brunswick and flew to Florida on Thursday, with his wife flying down the following day.

The Master Chief checked into the hotel.

There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an email to his wife.

However, he accidentally left out one letter in her email address, and without realizing his error, sent the email.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Kansas, a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral.

He was a minister who was called home to glory following a heart attack.

The widow decided to check her email expecting messages from relatives and friends.

After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted.

The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:

To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I've Arrived
Date: 16 December 2017

I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send emails to your loved ones.

I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

P.S. - Sure is blistering hot down here!

"With your eyes closed?"

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

besilarius

Gotta have Snoopy over for Christmas.
He always like to share quaffs of root beet with Bill Mauldin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hWZGIWe_U

"With your eyes closed?"

Sir Slash

That Snoopy was a 'Party Animal'. Couldn't fly a doghouse worth a damn though.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"

Martok

Quote from: besilarius on December 20, 2017, 07:36:57 AM
An oldie and a goodie.
Wow, been a while since I've seen that one.  A classic indeed.  O0 

Quote from: besilarius on December 23, 2017, 09:27:04 AM
https://www.inverse.com/article/25206-a-klingon-christmas-carol-star-trek

Christmas can be a magical season.
That is all kinds of awesome!  Wish I'd know about this when it was first put on in Minneapolis, as I was living there at the time. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

besilarius

Merry Christmas to all the great Grogs.

found a great Christmas show.
"Very British Problems" on Christmas.  Acorn channel.
Because no tradition says Christmas like The Bridge on the River Kwai.

"With your eyes closed?"