Happy Thanksgiving!

Started by bbmike, November 22, 2017, 04:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

Heading to Lincoln to meet my son for a movie and dinner. My daughter is in NYC checking off her bucket list item of seeing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in person.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving all!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

I took a long run outside this morning - not sure how cold it was other than it was below freezing. I feel less homicidal now 👍

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on November 23, 2017, 12:33:29 PMI feel less homicidal now 👍

anything was going to be an improvement, eh?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

It was bad. Breathing helps. Beer helps more.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on November 23, 2017, 11:41:13 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on November 23, 2017, 08:34:05 AM
IIRC, it's been 6AM, Noon, 6 PM for a while now.

but I figured that hearing it 'live' (so to speak) was more special than clicking on a youtube link during the day at ones own convenience.

Absolutely correct!

Caught the noon airing on the drive to my family's.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

The Macy's announcer just called the Goo Goo Dolls a "classic rock band". Ouch.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Emeraldlis

Hope y'all enjoy your day over in the States  <:-)  get ya stretchy eating pants on!!!!!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bob48

^ROFL - I'll need that for Christmas!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on November 23, 2017, 02:10:31 PM

yeah, that hurt...

of course, they also had a band from Buffalo, NY on a float celebrating Hawaii, so irony was clearly not their strong suit

CJReich46

Quote from: mirth on November 23, 2017, 02:10:31 PM

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bob48 on November 23, 2017, 02:16:59 PM
^ROFL - I'll need that for Christmas!

Stretchy pants are just the gift that keeps on 'givin  O:-)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

mirth

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

It's an old tweet, but the sentiment remains.