20+ Dead in Texas Church Shooting.

Started by OJsDad, November 05, 2017, 02:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

I've seen mixed reports btw 20+ dead vs 20+ shots fired

Either way, it sucks
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

^I just read '20 shots fired' over at CNN.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

I've seen multiple reports of 20 dead

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/927264555276922880
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

I'm sure the story will continue to get updated
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Why are churches becoming a staple target for mass murderers?

Sensationalism affecting the mentally ill at an increasing pace.  #:-)

BanzaiCat

I'm thinking it's because there's a lot of people in a relatively confined space. If you're psycho and looking to off a lot of people, you do it at a gathering (e.g. Las Vegas).

OJsDad

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

Weapon was an Ruger AR weapon. Shooter was confronted by local resident when shooter left the church. Got in vehicle and gotaway then crashed.

Victim ages 5-72

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 05, 2017, 04:51:34 PM
I'm thinking it's because there's a lot of people in a relatively confined space. If you're psycho and looking to off a lot of people, you do it at a gathering (e.g. Las Vegas).

They also tend not to bring guns in with them, I'm sure.  These shooters almost always target gatherings where people aren't armed.

Although outside said church is another situation, as evidenced in this case, since someone outside confronted him with a shotgun, and quite possibly wounded him, making the shooter drop his rifle and flee.  Also the other recent one involving the immigrant, in which he was detained by a guy who went to his car to get a handgun.

Info surfaces:

QuoteWhen Kelley exited the church, he dropped his rifle, a law enforcement source told The Daily Beast. Kelley was pursued by a civilian with a shotgun, Sheriff Joe Tackett said on Sunday evening during a press conference, and died near the city of New Berlin. It is unclear if Kelley was killed or died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

And regarding the shooter:

QuoteKelley was discharged from the Air Force in 2014, according to Defense Department records. Kelley was court-martialed in November 2012 for assaulting his wife and their child. A judge sentenced him with a bad-conduct discharge, 12 months confinement, and two reductions in rank to basic airman, according to an appeals court decision in 2013 that affirmed the decision against Kelley.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-patrick-kelley-idd-as-sutherland-springs-church-killer

MikeGER

Quote from: Nefaro on November 05, 2017, 10:10:17 PM

Info surfaces:

QuoteWhen Kelley exited the church, he dropped his rifle, a law enforcement source told The Daily Beast. Kelley was pursued by a civilian with a shotgun, Sheriff Joe Tackett said on Sunday evening during a press conference, and died near the city of New Berlin. It is unclear if Kelley was killed or died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Bild, major tabloid (translation to English)
"After his rampage Kelley apparently fled and delivered himself a short chase, at which probably also a resident, who is said to have heard shots, was involved...."
...and that's what our biased new media made of it ???

There is already the fighting tooth and nail over political fallout in the gone apeshit social media, as usual.
and super wild speculations and accusations over the motives of Kelly.

FBI investigators will find out.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Nefaro on November 05, 2017, 10:10:17 PM
Although outside said church is another situation, as evidenced in this case, since someone outside confronted him with a shotgun, and quite possibly wounded him, making the shooter drop his rifle and flee. 

In that part of Texas, pretty much everyone has a gun in their car. Few, if any, will carry in a church (as is pretty obvious here). Church would be the place where this kind of atrocity could be carried out in confidence by that scumbag.

joram

It's days like these where it's hard not to think we live in a sick sick world.