New historical content. Total War Historical team - HINTs from DEV team

Started by Destraex, November 05, 2017, 12:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Something my son found with some interesting hints about the new historical content coming from the total war historical team. Looks like one of their older titles will get a big update for some new content:
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/update-on-historical-releases

I reckon perhaps Napoleon or shogun updated for Victorian era or 30 years war/english civil war. You reckon they would give med2 a face lift and then add a separate stand alone expansion? Because that would be amazing.

Quote:
"But it is a follow-on title, not a new game entirely?

Jack: It's a new game in that it's substantial and stand-alone sure, but it's like Fall of the Samurai following-on from Shogun 2. We're taking the base from a previous game, overhauling it and adding new content, but not reinventing the wheel. It's an extension or magnification of the previous game's time period, so of course there's some cross over. And that allows us to add even more new content. Fall of the Samurai is a great example really."
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

undercovergeek

According to rps something's already been confirmed as vikings - not the new historical one, which a lot of people think is ww2

Destraex

Gusington

^From what I read over at RPS the Vikings game is a 'spinoff' of the Attila game, and should be out 'soon.' Which is very fine by me, I miss their historical titles. No idea what the other two historical games could be. I haven't read anything suggesting that it would be WWII...saw some online chatter that it 'should/could' be the American Civil War. Which I can see after the success of Fall of the Samurai. I still pine for a Victoria: Total War or a Renaissance: Total War. But my educated guess is that the next standalone, major historical release will be Medieval III, based on the above posts and hints and the back and forth of the developers in talking about a medieval setting. TW shines in the medieval time period and I think the developers know that. 

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

I've read much discussion re civil war but if you consider dlc is the life blood of these games what are you going to do - same weapons, ones sides blue, one sides grey - I don't see a lot of scope for mass dlc improvements, moustaches maybe but that's your lot

China seems old ground, again, same troops - I think it will be a huge surprise and I'd put a small wager on ww2

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Sir Slash

Groghead Total War: The Dongle Wars. With 'Flaming Pigs' of course.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 05, 2017, 11:28:37 AM
^From what I read over at RPS the Vikings game is a 'spinoff' of the Attila game, and should be out 'soon.'

Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

There has been a Viking theme fad the past few years.  I'd be surprised if CA didn't fully jump on the bandwagon right now.

After getting tired of the older and longer running Zombie fad, this latest trend is already starting to wear thin for me.   :(

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

I would love to wake-up Christmas morning and find a ACW version of Fall of the Samurai under my tree. I believe, I believe, I believe.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Victoria: TW - 1837 to 1901 with a WWI dlc expansion would be the beez neez, son.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Imperialist Running Dog! Who would be the factions? Europe, the U.S., and..... ?

Gusington

In Victoria? You could conceivably portray the entire world with ~200 factions!! BRUH. And starting in 1837 it would not be 'Europe' - it would be close to 25 different countries and empires! Come on now!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That'd be great but Empire TW had, I don't know, couple of dozen factions. How could this game handle that many? The TW series seem to me to have more problems and bizarre AI behavior the more factions that are in the game. And longer turn times. Victoria TW would be great. I just don't know if the game could handle it. If you could cross breed Pride of Nations with Fall of the Samurai, you'd have a winner for sure.