German Bomb Fears Squashed

Started by mirth, November 03, 2017, 12:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Those cops went above and beyond the kale of duty.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I wonder who leeked the story to the press?

Sir Slash

Good thing they squashed the people's fears in time. What I can't understand is why the Allies would drop zucchini on the Germans at all? Califlower I can understand. That stuff will kill you.  :buck2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

That was bad, SS - I almost artichoked on my food.

Sir Slash

That was pretty bad all right. I didn't relish doing it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MikeGER

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 03, 2017, 12:42:06 PM
I wonder who leeked the story to the press?

the cops do it officially in police reports 

https://www.presseportal.de/blaulicht/pm/110972/3778164

and the newspapers like to print it for a chuckle 
(...and to distract from the real problems you get and can read in all the other police reports in Germany when someone opened the border and you suddenly have 1.6 million (source: https://www.destatis.de/DE/PresseService/Presse/Pressemitteilungen/2017/11/PD17_387_12521.html) so called 'shelter seekers' milling around)

BanzaiCat

I know that pun seemingly beet all the others, not leaving mushroom for more...it's something of a root awakening!

Staggerwing

German Police to suspect: "Kumquatly and don't make a fuss"
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Right - "Everyone romaine calm. We are slaw and order. Please come in peas."

Well, that last part is open to interpretation. ;)

Sir Slash

:DD :DD :DD You guys are killing me. Lettuce continue.

bbmike

No, this thread has gone down the tubers.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak