seems quite a lively wargame forum

Started by gameleaper, October 25, 2017, 06:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/743498/wargames/general

seems quite a lively wargame forum, posts seem regular, could be some new conscripts there

bayonetbrant

Quote from: gameleaper on October 25, 2017, 06:35:27 AM
https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/743498/wargames/general

seems quite a lively wargame forum, posts seem regular, could be some new conscripts there

there's a bunch of us that post over there with some regularity

it's almost 100% tabletop-focused, as you'd expect from the name

they are also (1) fanatical about not having any off-topic discussions in there, and (2) endlessly repetitive with "what's the ALLTIMEBESTEVAH tactical East Front game?" and "is Twilight Struggle really a wargame?" and "recommend ____ for me" that always devolves into a shouting match of some nonsense.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

gameleaper

yes they are strick there, nothing as good as here,

acctingman

and lets not forget the copious amounts of pee-pee humor we get here  O0

bob48

I've been a member there for at least 7 years, although I do post on occasions. I mainly use it to gather info on games and have used the BGG store a few times for buying/selling games.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

gameleaper

Its Not the Geek I was telling you guys about, but it seems like a subforum for wargaming, you cant find this forum from the main homepage

bayonetbrant

Quote from: gameleaper on October 25, 2017, 06:09:00 PM
Its Not the Geek I was telling you guys about, but it seems like a subforum for wargaming, you cant find this forum from the main homepage

Trust me, we are talking about the wargame subforum in particular
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!