Witold Pilecki

Started by mirth, September 19, 2017, 08:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

:o And he was there for three years! And he escaped!  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

I know. Dude was a true badass.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

He makes badasses look weak. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Greybriar

And after all Witold Pilecki had done, he was arrested, tortured, tried, convicted, and executed by the Polish communists and died in 1948. Just one of the reasons why the Polish hate the communists.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mirth

Just placed a hold on his book at my local library.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on September 19, 2017, 10:57:07 AM

they have libraries in Maine?  Or is "local" down in Boston?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 19, 2017, 11:04:23 AM
Quote from: mirth on September 19, 2017, 10:57:07 AM

they have libraries in Maine?  Or is "local" down in Boston?

We have "underground" libraries. If the knuckle draggers found out, us literate folks would be in big trouble.