Decades Feeder Bracket - 1985 Final 4

Started by MetalDog, September 14, 2017, 10:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

In all these polls, 1985 is the 22nd, never have we had two ties.  In the Final 8, we had three!  Dire Straits, Tom Petty, and Stevie Ray Vaughan all benefited as the higher seed in their tie matches.  In the final matchup, the juggernaut that is Eurythmics steamrolled another higher seed.  This time it was Sting.  Will Annie and Dave continue their roll or will Stevie Ray spell trouble for the double digit seed.  And in the battle of cartoon characters, will Mark Knopfler's 'everyman' avatar win out over Petty's Hatter?

The 1/4

The 6/10

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Ugh this one was a hard one. Even though Mark Knopfler is one of my favorite guitarist, I always hated the commercialness of Money for Nothing when it came out.
SRV a guitar god in my book and one of my least favorite songs of my least favorite album of his. Texas Flood, Couldn't stand the Weather and In Step were all classics!.. Soul to Soul was bleh.

bob48

I agree with you about SVR, although in my book, Rory Gallagher is still the greatest.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

OJsDad

Disappointed The Hooters and Tears for Fears didn't make it any further, but I was surprised that both made it out of the 1st round. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.