Author Topic: U.S. Orders Federal Agencies to Remove Kaspersky Software Over Security Concerns  (Read 193 times)

Offline OJsDad

• Landsknecht
  • Fighting for Oppressed Individualism
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
I'm surprised they let anyone in the gov't use it in the first place
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
I wonder which agencies were using it?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

Offline Staggerwing

• Arquebusier
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
Probably just a few minor ones such as DNI, NSC, NSA, DOD, EOPOTUS, etc.
Vitu r enn - ea hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

Online mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
FAA
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
^Nah, we still use what comes with Netscape Navigator.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

Online mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
That was a solid browser.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Online mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot