Dominions 5- Warriors of the Faith

Started by Moreb, September 12, 2017, 12:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

If you can stand Dom's graphics you can definately stand AoW 2's ! :)
Its still a great game IMO, but I do enjoy AoW 3 much as well.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

IIRC AoW2's graphics were quite beautiful.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ghostryder

If you go with AOW2:SM this mod will blow you away:

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=386

add in the mp3's from LOTR
https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Fellowship-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B002UTKSBK/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1505987556&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=lord+of+the+rings+soundtrack

Follow install instructions. Mainly your renaming one file as old and replacing it---then renaming it back to play the regular game. Instructions are straight forward.

Be prepared for many many many more enemy units with this mod. It can be beat but it'll probably take you several tries.

No better LOTR mod going. AOW2 is the perfect fit for a LOTR game and this really transforms it into just that.

Yskonyn

Quote from: Gusington on September 20, 2017, 07:58:40 AM
IIRC AoW2's graphics were quite beautiful.

Does the game support higher resolutions than 1024x768?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

I don't remember, it's been a long time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Quote from: Gusington on September 21, 2017, 08:26:13 AM
I don't remember, it's been a long time.

Exactly my point about the 'beautiful' graphics. :P

ghostryder

Windows 10 made things a bit wonky--you have to make sure to run the setup program manually as administractor to get all the possible resolutions to show up in the list--if you do they will and your be able to run the game in any default your monitor has. By manually I mean by right-clicking and choosing "run as admin" of course.

Save often with the mod-with win 10 and everything so filled out it pushes the game's engine to the limit and it will crash after x number of turns--which can take lots of time to complete.

Batman

Quote from: ghostryder on September 19, 2017, 05:01:30 AM
Then for giggles look under services. These guys do it all!

so too apparently do fifth graders when they get a hold of free movie maker software

Steelgrave

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD

ghostryder

My vid there was in thread knocking the cartoon races in a 4x game...ala my gripe about hampsters in space suits--I can't remember exactly what 4x as they stayed with the lame races and the game went nowhere....wonder why?

spelk

Yskonyn

Tpek

Yay!

EDIT: I just realized the Steam Thanksgiving-Black Friday sale starts on November 22nd.

Is it really a good idea for them to release this game during a sale?

-budd-

All that does for me is kind of scare me away. 5000 of this, 3000 of that.....man if ever a game was said to have too much, this might be that game.

Those battles scenes look like some kind of twisted disco dance you'd see at a burning man festival.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Yskonyn

It releases in 10 hours!

Its here! Earlier than anticipated! :smitten: