Decades Feeder Bracket - 1975 Championship

Started by MetalDog, September 10, 2017, 09:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Unless you have a bias towards one or the other, I think this is possibly the most difficult Final so far.  It doesn't matter which song you pick, you are getting an all time classic.  I already know what I am picking and why, now, let's see what you all think.  Have at!

The 1/2

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

I'm abstaining.  Not a fan of either, so I don't care.

(Note: I get why they're both here; just sick of one and never liked the other)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

And the winner is...Bohemian Rhapsody!!  Bummed to see Kashmir lose, but...ok, there's no but.  I hate to see Kashmir beat by Bohemian Rhapsody.  Not because I dislike the song but because I like Kashmir better.  In any event, thank you all for voting!

jamus34

Quote from: MetalDog on September 14, 2017, 10:30:28 PM
And the winner is...Bohemian Rhapsody!!  Bummed to see Kashmir lose, but...ok, there's no but.  I hate to see Kashmir beat by Bohemian Rhapsody.  Not because I dislike the song but because I like Kashmir better.  In any event, thank you all for voting!

In defense that it came to a push should mean something. I was somewhat ambivalent as BR has been overplayed but there are a ton other Zepplin songs I like more than Kashmir.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Quote from: jamus34 on September 15, 2017, 07:38:25 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 14, 2017, 10:30:28 PM

In defense that it came to a push should mean something. I was somewhat ambivalent as BR has been overplayed but there are a ton other Zepplin songs I like more than Kashmir.

I agree on both counts.  But I have taken the position that it's better to include as many of the most popular, well known songs as possible.  If I put in what I really liked, most of you would be asking me if I had taken my meds that day ;)