My Wee Dog Lady Died yesterday

Started by JudgeDredd, September 10, 2017, 03:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I'm glad the dog enriched your life for 12 years.  I'm also glad your dog died peacefully in sleep.

All of us are heroes to our dogs.

steve58

:(  Sorry for your loss JD.  Sounds like you gave a great dog a great home.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

Sorry to hear your friend has passed on...losing a pet is always sad and painful. 

DoctorQuest

My sincere condolences,  JD. It sounds like she had a wonderful life with your family.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

BanzaiCat

They're never in our lives long enough, JD, but our lives are richer for having known them. My condolences.  :'(

Boggit

Sorry to hear about your loss JD. Losing a pet who's a member of the family is just horrible. My thoughts are with you and your family. :(
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Greybriar on September 10, 2017, 06:46:07 AM
My last dog was 12 years old when we lost her. When she died, a friend of mine sent the poem "I'll Always Love A Dog Named Beau" as her expression of sympathy. Below is a YouTube video of Jimmy Stewart reading the poem. I extend my sincere sympathy at your loss.

That was gorgeous. Thanks Greybriar.

I could listen to Jimmy Stewart talk for months without a break.
Alba gu' brath

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bbmike

^I've seen that video a couple of times before but never heard the story that went with it.  :(
One more reason to love Jimmy Stewart.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

W8taminute

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  It's always hard to lose a beloved pet because they become such a big part of our families.

I still miss my cat Zoe who passed away 5 years ago this month.  The very next day we got a new cat which really helped my wife get over Zoe's loss.  I needed more time to deal with the loss before I could learn to love the new cat.  Many people say to rush out immediately for a replacement pet and that works great for many people.  Some may need to mourn a little before getting a replacement and not many people tell you that. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

It took me about 3 months to feel comfortable in looking for a new dog when my Rottweiler died and even then I wasn't quite ready because he was my first dog.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Damn that's tough to hear Dredd. You were very compassionate in taking her into your family and she gave you years of love and loyalty in return-- not a bad deal for either of you. She made you all very happy and would want you all to remain so. So, mourn her loss and then remember her the way I remember my little pugs, with fondness, joy and certainty that I'll be with them again some day.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.