Main Menu

Hurricane Irma

Started by steve58, September 06, 2017, 10:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Quote from: airboy on September 12, 2017, 10:53:05 AM
Anybody heard from Sir Slash?

I have a fair idea where he is geographically and I have to think he was in the crosshairs when Irma was still a 4.  I suspect he is without power, and possibly a safe place to live, for some time.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

many of y'all have seen pix of this marker down in Key West

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

report from my friend who lives in Key West (he's not home yet)

QuoteSatellite imagery shows the house and roof intact. Initial reports are very minimal damage to the base housing area. Storm surge is thought not to have reached homes. More thorough inspections needed of course. Almost all docks washed away. But lots of positive news so far.

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 12, 2017, 10:03:01 PM

I've stood next to that marker.  :o It must have been hit by something.

bayonetbrant

Staggerwing

I've seen it in person. Damn.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

I've been at that marker, drunk off my ass.

Man I hope SS is okay.

OJsDad

This will be the hit costume for Halloween.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Sir Slash - come back to us!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: OJsDad on September 13, 2017, 06:54:20 AM
This will be the hit costume for Halloween.

Nun with Chainsaw- didn't they open for Judas Priest a few times?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

OJsDad