Main Menu

Hurricane Irma

Started by steve58, September 06, 2017, 10:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 11, 2017, 07:29:07 PM
anyone here from Airboy? 

He's probably afraid to post after the way you replied to him.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Jesus, just saw that 65% of the state is without power. :(

GDS_Starfury

I do hope hes ok.  to be fair I had a cat4 storm at my front door so.... O:-)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Toonces

I'm sure he and other Alabamians were praying to be spared, so it should be all good.

Meanwhile, with the passing of Irma northward through southern Florida, all those knuckleheads stopped praying for salvation.  Hence, 80 degrees in Rhode Island today.

According to the Weather Channel and/or God's forecast, we're looking at light to non-existent praying and 80 degree temperatures though the week.  Then come this weekend, something will suck the prayers upward, and God will let the temperature plummet accordingly.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

If we could just keep the natural disasters flowing year round, Rhode Island could be the new Florida.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

OJsDad

Who would have thought, Nashville got hit with 2 hurricanes in 2 weeks.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

airboy

We lost power for 7 hours.  High winds are past us. 

Have to wait for tomorrow's paper to see if any tornadoes were spawned.  Our neighborhood was like a heavy thunderstorm for 20 hours without the lightning.

For this one, the highest winds were on the NE side and we got the West side.

I'm thankful we personally were spared.

SirAndrewD

If Airboy is in Auburn, there's been quite a lot of power outages out that way.   I was expecting the same here seeing the forecast yesterday, but there's been nothing.

I'm 50 miles to the west, and we've had little to nothing here in the way of heavy wind.   Rain was steady but not enough to cause any problems, even for my very flood prone location. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

OJsDad

The Keys are open as far as Marathon island.  Most areas still don't have cell or electricity though. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

This is what happens to small islands in a hurricane.... no trees left....  :o
Picture from space.

OJsDad

Cruise lines have pulled 3 ships out of scheduled cruises to assist with rescue efforts in the eastern Caribbean islands.  They'll also provide ships, if needed, for the keys. 

bayonetbrant

Newspaper front pages from Sunday across Florida

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Anybody heard from Sir Slash?