Author Topic: Destiny 2  (Read 157 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Longbowman
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
Destiny 2
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:22:02 AM »
Anyone picking this up tomorrow? I'm torn, between getting it now, or waiting until late October for the PC release. The truth is, if I don't buy anything on the consoles, they will get no use and since I haven't fired up my PS4 in nearly a year, I'm inclined to give it some love for a change.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
Re: Destiny 2
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 02:13:17 PM »
I'll be playing it on the PC.

I tried playing the original on my PS4, and couldn't get the hang of playing an FPS with a controller.
I even went and bought myself a special K&M adapter for the PS4, but still never played the game that much.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Longbowman
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 08:03:58 AM »
The game really kicks ass. Its drawn me in much deeper than the original Destiny. I attribute this to the much more coherent campaign and engrossing "adventure" mission-based experiences.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline OJsDad

• Landsknecht
  • Fighting for Oppressed Individualism
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 08:30:40 AM »
I'm getting it on PC, but only because I got it free with the video card I just purchased. 
Truman: "The Buck Stop Here"

Obama: "The Blame Goes There"

"The wargamer in me really wats to see a US armored brigade with proper support mix it up with the Ruskis."  Starfury

"ACK! You're right there!?!? Ouch that first 20 minutes hurt.... a lot...."  Barthhart playing PBEM Flashpoint Red Storm

Southern Nights - Glen Campbell        https://youtu.be/zgCveCj7a5U

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Longbowman
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 08:32:17 AM »
I'm getting it on PC, but only because I got it free with the video card I just purchased.

I thought about holding off for the PC version, but I'm too impatient to wait and I don't have the HD space to spare anyway. Also, I heard the PC version was developed by a studio other than Bungie. Finally, DLCs are usually released on the consoles long before they hit the PC versions.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Online mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • What did you do, Ray?
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 08:34:24 AM »
I'm eyeing it for the XBone.
"Everything's better with apple cider vinegar and a squeaky clean urethra." - Gus

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 02:05:57 PM »

I thought about holding off for the PC version, but I'm too impatient to wait and I don't have the HD space to spare anyway. Also, I heard the PC version was developed by a studio other than Bungie. Finally, DLCs are usually released on the consoles long before they hit the PC versions.

That would explain why the PC version will only be coming out October 24, instead of Sept 6 like with consoles.

Offline Grimnirsson

• Viking
    • Homefront Wargame Center
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 05:15:17 AM »
We will do the same strategy as with the first game. Waiting for a GOTY version half the price, bugs ironed out, balance stuff done and with many DLC add ons included.  O0
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Offline JudgeDredd

• Longbowman
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 11:32:42 PM »
I haven't watched this entire review yet - I'm just about to.

However, I thought it was worth posting to show that whilst everyone seems aware that DLC is a thing now and alot of people weren't really bothered (including me - afterall it was additional content for a few dolla and you didn't have to buy, right?), some people were very skeptical (including people on these very forums) of game content being hacked out to fund the DLC show, and Angry Joe has picked up on that very thing - very short games with upcoming expansions - in his last few game video reviews.

This is the second or third review I've seen of a game by Angry Joe where he's specifically pointing out how short a game is only to point out that you can buy expansion passes to the game.

Anyway - here's his review. Like I said, I'm just about to watch this so be aware I don't know if there's any spoilers in there (though he doesn't normally put spoilers in his game reviews) - just watched it and there may be spoilers.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:26:24 AM by JudgeDredd »
I AM the Law

All images posted from 01/07/2017 courtesy of Flickr because PhotoBucket decided to screw over their members by suddenly revoking the right to post links to your images on other websites

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 01:31:17 AM »
It was a day one purchase for me as I am still leading the Dads of Destiny Europe Clan.
We have grown to 80 members in the first two weeks of release!

The game is awesome. Much more coherent than the first part. I am LL240 now, just unlocked Nightfall strikes. Raid unlock next.
I was going to get it on PC as well, because I think the PvP scene will be more popular over there. I hear a lot of guys planning to jump over from console to PC for the PvP (it just sucks with a controller!).
But I am having such a great time with the Clan that I am not really sure now. It will probably end up being mostly PvE with clanmates and fool around in PvP without being very competative. :P

Always willing to Fireteam-up if you spot me.
yassyblog.wordpress.com
3DS friendcode: 3738-0601-9543
Steam: Yskonyn

Offline Grimnirsson

• Viking
    • Homefront Wargame Center
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 01:04:51 PM »
I am LL240 now

Are you not afraid that there will be a downtime when you have done everything and the (first of many) DLC is not out yet? That's why I will wait for a more complete package as I said.

(it just sucks with a controller!)

No...it doesn't...it is not the controller... you know...  :peace:
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de