Author Topic: The Crisis Grogs present... FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO!  (Read 126 times)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
The Crisis Grogs present... FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO!
« on: September 01, 2017, 07:28:10 PM »
...uh, since we're playing it on the digital Vassal mod, it counts as digital, right?

AzTank and I are returning to FIRE IN THE LAKE, and this time we're bringing along DaveM and Barthheart as our sacrificial pawns! I mean allies!  :D

Specifically, DaveM will be playing the North Vietnamese Army; Az (Larry) will be helping him as the Viet Cong; Barth will be Captain Arclighting the map as the United States; and I'll be juggling all this grievous nonsense as the local mafia THE ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM!

We'll be playing a full team game, meaning that I can't win unless Barth (who is on my side this time, thus guaranteeing some kind of reality implosion) also has scored enough to win; and if all four of us are past our various win-posts, then the teams compare our lowest scores each. This forces everyone to focus on scoring efficiency for all our teammates, too, not only our own.

DaveM and Barth haven't played the game before (and only Az has played the Vassal mod among us before), so pray for us.  :hug:

I may or may not create a video AAR as turns go along, using Tabletop Simulator to illustrate the moves so far. But whether or not I do, here are a couple of relatively short introduction videos.

Dave as the NVA will be kicking off, based on the first card draw, with ArizonaVC having the second initiative. (Then Barth, then me.) The two videos do represent the starting piece placements, but not the starting card draws (yet).
GROGS OF CRISIS -- a four-player mp of GMT's boardgame Time of Crisis, set in the decades before Diocletian.

Me vs Barth -- DC1: Blitz

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
Re: The Crisis Grogs present... FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 04:52:53 PM »
Fire in the Grogs Too doesn't continue to begin! Yet!

Meanwhile there's this.

GROGS OF CRISIS -- a four-player mp of GMT's boardgame Time of Crisis, set in the decades before Diocletian.

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline superhaus

• Hoplite
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 04:20:21 PM »
USA reporting in ready to spread some freedom!

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:16:04 AM »
 :bd: Come, spread your freedom all over my vast tracts of land!

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for dark matter in deep, dark holes....
« Reply #4 on: Today at 07:17:51 AM »
 :o
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:24:24 AM »
You had your opportunity.

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for dark matter in deep, dark holes....
« Reply #6 on: Today at 08:24:57 AM »
More surprised at your .... interesting.... choice of words..... but I have a gutter mind so.....  :D
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #7 on: Today at 08:37:40 AM »
Yeah, I tweaked it to be off-color for the lolz. Not sure if it's better or worse to be about pimping or not! -- but I figured it would count either way as a jab at the regime governments I'm playing. ;)