Hurricane Harvey

Started by OJsDad, August 28, 2017, 08:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

They bring that up in every storm's aftermath. And each time it slowly and quietly disappears.

Toonces

If y'all could drive down the values in Satellite Beach and/or Cocoa Beach...or, say, Encinitas CA, that would be very helpful.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bayonetbrant

Local 'volunteer' joins the Cajun Navy

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/gray-matters/article/I-downloaded-an-app-And-suddenly-I-was-talking-12172506.php

There's deadly seriousness is this article, but this note kinda sums it up well at the end

QuoteI saw a meme on Facebook today that said, "Someone needs to erect a statue honoring the regular dude with a bass boat." It was meant to be funny, but it's actually spot-on.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I agree. So many of those regular dudes did a lot of good around here, and even stayed even though their own parishes were going underwater.