Avengers: Infinity War

Started by mirth, July 15, 2017, 04:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

I saw two adds on TV last night so the Marketing Blitz has begun.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

QuoteIt's good that the Russo Brothers are telling fans to be emotionally prepared for the film – because they'll definitely need to be.

Really? It's a fracking movie based on comic books...  #:-)

I never really got into all the "Super Hero" comics for just that reason, that no-one ever perma-died. Jsut tired of all the lame ass "re-birth" or "not quite dead yet" story lines.

War comics, like Sgt. Rock, however were the best.

mirth

OJsDad

Quote from: Barthheart on April 18, 2018, 09:22:48 AM

+1

And don't forget the Unknown Soldier.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Quote from: OJsDad on April 18, 2018, 09:31:56 AM

+1

And don't forget the Unknown Soldier.

+1

Sgt. Fury, G.I. Combat

JasonPratt

I never really got into all the "Super Hero" comics for just that reason, that no-one ever perma-died. Jsut tired of all the lame ass "re-birth" or "not quite dead yet" story lines.

Well, the Russos say permadeath for any actually slain characters in this one. Vision/Jarvis seems a necessary casualty, but since his mind is in the stone I doubt he'll count as actually dead (just transferred into the gauntlet for a while).

Loki makes a lot of sense if Hiddleston is wanting to leave the role, and he'd kind-of be in the way on Earth. (A line at the end of Thor3 lampshades this, too.)

More obvious as a death at the start of the film, would be Heimdal. But Loki trying to save allies with the Tesseract would explain Thor and Hulk being shuffled around the plot settings.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Come on. Can anyone really KILL Loki? He's illusion-jumped so many times already that everybody knows it's not the real Loki, just his Magic-Double. Or at least Marvel can always plat it that way if they want to bring him back. I thought Heimdal would be a more obvious choice. No way he'd just stand around while Thanos takes the Blue Stone/Tessaract-thing. But is he a 'Major Character'? I don't know, could be a Marvel Head-fake too. I'm really hoping this won't be the last film to have Stan-The-Man-Lee in it.  :'(  And BTW, I already got my ticket for Thursday April 26th, the 7pm showing, though they won't let me pick out my seat yet-- Dammit!  And.... The Enemy Ace was my favorite comic, loved me some Hammer of Hell back in the day.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 18, 2018, 11:16:00 AM
Come on. Can anyone really KILL Loki? He's illusion-jumped so many times already that everybody knows it's not the real Loki, just his Magic-Double.

Loki acted so dumbly out of character at the start of Thor 3, that there's a fan theory going around that he really did die at the end of Thor 2, and now he's a Skrull.

I don't believe this theory, mainly because it doesn't fit well with the rest of Thor 3, but that's... actually, Thor 3 itself lampshaded (with Hemsworth's older brother, and Matt Damon, and some other famous actor) how broken the plot now makes Loki's death scene in Thor2.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

BanzaiCat

Sir Slash

I've still got a bunch of my old Sgt. Rock and Haunted Tank's. Wasn't Loki in the teaser scene along with the 'Black Order' members?

mirth

JasonPratt