Alea Jacta Est MD, Tuna, W8taminute threeway

Started by W8taminute, July 08, 2017, 12:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 16, 2017, 09:57:47 PM
There was a time when I would never turn down an offer of a good 'three-way'. Now I'll be happy just to watch.  ???

LoL!

And watch you shall.  Just sent Jason the turn so once he plays it and emails it back to me I'll process the turn and give an update here.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

That should be this afternoon. Theoretically.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

JasonPratt

...note to self, I am roughly 150 years out of date for the scenario. Must rethink plans from scratch. This is what I get for being nice and not reading the first entry of my opponent's AAR...  ::)

So it might be tomorrow afternoon before I catch up on what's going on with the scenario, both generally and so far after the first turn results.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

W8taminute

^I'm sure you'll pick up the situation quickly.  This is going to be good.  Here are the results from the latest turn played!

General overview of the situation in Italy from my factions point of view.  (light blue/turquoise color)

The Battle of Rome!

Rome is under siege by our forces after fighting a force of 14k vs. our 26k in the field

Optimales forces attempt to sneak through

I think Jason was trying to bring some troops to either Rome or Northern Italy.  They did make it through but were intercepted by a force I just happened to move into the middle of his path.

No other events this turn from my perspective other than issuing some dictates to improve local loyalty.  I need to raise some more cash quickly though because I have a feeling things are going to get intense in Italia.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

JasonPratt

Had to work on my FLAGS OF THE EAGLES forum game this afternoon, so no turn 3 yet. Expect to send it tomorrow.

W8taminute

The next turn just in.

Lot's of activity.  According to reports from our sources it seems Sulla (Jason) was able to capture Athens from Mithradates (Tuna). 

Fall of Athens

Mithradates however took Byzantium.  Meanwhile in Hispania my forces are dealing with barbarian attacks.  Toletum is under siege along with Carrabus (sp?). 

In Italia the siege of Rome continues but with no results.  Metapontum in southern Italy is under siege as well but I won't be able to launch an assault on the city even though there is a breach in the walls.  To put it crudely, my commander is too chicken to do the deed.  Actually if you look at the little brown envelope icon just above his counter that indicates his initiative this turn will not allow him to carry out offensive operations.  See image below:

JasonPratt

Yeah, there was just no way I could save Byz. IF ONLY SOME DANG POPULIST REBEL HADN'T TAKEN THE OPPORTUNITY OF PERSIAN-ISH INVASION TO STAB US ALL IN THE BACK!  :arr:

Actually, I'm a bit surprised Byz fell. Tuna must have had a general who could assault walls, or else built some siege engines in a nearby town and hoofed them over. Last I checked, the Byz were Frenching the Mithras and telling them to go away or else be taunted a second time.  :))

I'm also honestly surprised Athens 'fell' -- I wasn't aware the Miths had gotten it already, I was just trying to rescue it from the army there! Oh well, better than Thebes.

W8taminute

The siege of Rome and Metapontum continues.  Rome's walls still stand strong but we made two breaches on Metapontum.  Meanwhile in Hispania we're on the defensive against the barbarian onslaught.  I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to find more troops to send to that theater as they're sorely needed. 

JasonPratt

I have about decided that marching orders are more like suggestions and that I might as well be pleasantly surprised if someone really follows them.  ::)

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 23, 2017, 04:40:38 PM
I have about decided that marching orders are more like suggestions and that I might as well be pleasantly surprised if someone really follows them.  ::)

There are a few factors that prevent a unit from marching.  The presence of enemy units blocking their path, the commanders indecisiveness or his simple refusal to follow orders, and weather can be some of the reasons why formations don't go where they're told.

JasonPratt

It isn't so much that they don't go; it's that they go zig instead of zag.  ::)

Sir Slash

Yeah, sometimes you have to hold the generals hands and lead them region by region to get them to go the way you want. I always drag & drop several times to compare routes and times to get there. The fleets are worse. I don't know how many times I've moved a fleet into a port only to have it sit outside the port because I didn't drag it right on top of the port symbol. It can be... :pullhair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 25, 2017, 10:49:51 AM
Yeah, sometimes you have to hold the generals hands and lead them region by region to get them to go the way you want.

I  do that constantly. It doesn't help.

Our recent re-conquest of Athens, came about due to not even one stack heading for Athens. One stack was literally marching the opposite direction, in order to meet another stack in the territory between them. But all the stacks ended up there -- except for a couple of generals who ended up going to the city I told them without any of their troops joining them.  :crazy2:

This is pure "Let's just go conquer Byzantium instead" behavior.

Incidentally, I have been totally away from keyboard the past few afternoons and evenings, until sleep time at night, so that's why I haven't sent in my next turn yet. I don't know if it'll be this weekend before I can do so -- now that I've figured out how to track and plot movable pieces it never takes long to play my turn, but it does take  half an hour and I need to be not-falling-asleep.

W8taminute

No worries mate.  Take your time.  I know real life can be a pain and sleep is a precious commodity!   :)