Game of Thrones Season 7

Started by MetalDog, July 01, 2017, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 12, 2017, 03:34:04 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on July 12, 2017, 03:19:47 PMTo label viewers as not being "emotionally mature" because they don't share his ideas of what is moral, mannered, marriaged or monied makes me want to slap a "get off my lawn" sticker across his forehead and shove him back into his rocking chair.

the author is in his mid-30s

Age is not all biological......in his case, it sounds like the 1830's

bayonetbrant

I still don't think he's wrong that the general population lacks a certain level of emotional maturity, regardless of how you choose to register its manifestation
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 12, 2017, 05:14:26 PM
I still don't think he's wrong that the general population lacks a certain level of emotional maturity, regardless of how you choose to register its manifestation

No doubt ancient Greek philosophers were saying the same thing about Greek society. Tying it into one of the most watched series is a cheap vehicle he's using to make his point, which he doesn't do a very convincing job of anyway. If this article was about a show no one watched then it wouldn't have gotten any reads in the first place.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Just started Season 3. I'd been playing it in the background while working, and admittedly I've thankfully been sick these past few days, so I've been able to put even more catch-up time in for it.  O0

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 21, 2017, 10:00:27 AM
I've thankfully been sick these past few days

You've been sick a lot longer than that :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

mirth

preachin to the choir, amigo
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

mirth

bayonetbrant

mirth

You'd be wrong, but you should be used to that by now.

bayonetbrant

go check your phone, bass-pole

mirth

Tuna

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 21, 2017, 11:00:31 AM
go check your phone, bass-pole

That one doesn't work for us Bass Players.... Although I used to be a Bass Fisherman