Recommendations for castle building sim?

Started by JasonPratt, June 29, 2017, 11:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Millipede

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 20, 2017, 01:11:11 PM
Nope, still at work, will impress later.
Work???  What a disgusting habit!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Its a cute little time waster...Hard to consider it a "castle building sim" though.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Well, it kind of is in its later stages, like Stronghold. Much later than Stronghold I'd say. Keeping in mind that, like Stronghold, its notion of "Castle" doesn't involve one increasingly larger fortified building, but rather an increasingly fortified town.

Nowhere near as detailed as the Stronghold series (or other town builders like the various versions of Caesar/Imperium/Rome), but I blew a few hours on it tonight -- past my early-work bedtime, actually!  :-[ Despite being nearly a game-month into the game, I have not built even one wall yet. This may have to change as before I saved for the night I just plomped down my first treasure house. I've been visited by a dragon in the first few days who flew around and roared but decided we were too small to bother with at the time I guess. Once I start gathering gold in the treasure room, I figure I can expect raiders to start showing up. And I have no army. At all. Or walls.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Raied

Oh  thanks I dont know why steam doesn't show me those games I may be interested in,
The game looks good I will keep an eye on it.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Suuuuuuper Early Access, basically still a mid-level alpha. Or early-mid.

But I'll wishlist it.  O0

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Raied on September 17, 2017, 02:45:56 AM
Oh  thanks I dont know why steam doesn't show me those games I may be interested in,
The game looks good I will keep an eye on it.

For all of the things that Steam does well, showcasing games that interest me is not one of them.
When dongles fly? - mirth

AchillesLastStand

World of Castles is getting pretty good reviews even though as Jason mentioned its clearly around a alpha state and, I believe{?} I read somewhere there will be a free demo available in the next week or so.

Also the Steam remastered edition of Stronghold will be out in about 2 weeks, its supposed to have updated graphics, new maps and they added back in multiplayer.