DVG - War of the Worlds - KS!

Started by DanVerssen, June 13, 2017, 11:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Just received a copy of this, set in the US East Coast. Looks pretty cool so far.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I wish I could tell you everything...I only just set it up. I'm a bit confused with some of the rules/set-up, so I'm going to have to sit down and read through the book again to see what I missed.

What I can tell you is, the game is hugely thematic and really feels like turn-of-the-century stuff. Tesla's technology is in here (there's a scenario where you have him build a Tripod that you control, and can improve, but if you lose it you lose the game), including field lasers and EMP bombs and such. You control military forces trying to wipe out the Tripods while saving refugees whom are fleeing destruction.

I'm not otherwise too up on this game, but from what I've seen it looks like DVG is doing multiple versions - from the KS page it looks like there's England, France, Japan, and the US East Coast. Not sure if they're all supposed to tie in together into a massive game or not.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11606594/the-war-of-the-worlds-board-game

One thing I'm concerned about is, I'm not sure there's enough plastic stands for the game. Putting the thick cardboard units into them is a bit difficult and damages the bottom of some of these counters if you're not perfect in getting them in there. I can't imagine I have to pull these out as they get lost so I can use the stands for other purposes...stay tuned, I have to play it much more to get a clear opinion of it.

Gusington

This sounds like the greatest thing ever.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd