Main Menu

RIP Roy Halladay

Started by OJsDad, November 07, 2017, 04:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21331438/roy-halladay-40-dies-plane-crash-gulf-mexico

Roy Halladay, a two-time Cy Young Award-winning pitcher who retired from baseball nearly four years ago, has died in a plane crash in the Gulf of Mexico off Florida. He was 40.

The Pasco County Sheriff's Department confirmed that a small single-engine aircraft piloted by Halladay was reported down in the Gulf of Mexico earlier Tuesday afternoon.

Halladay recently received his pilot's license and tweeted photos last month of himself standing next to a new ICON A5 plane, which was the model of aircraft that was recovered Tuesday in the Gulf.

Halladay was an eight-time All-Star and went 203-105 with a 3.38 ERA in his 16-year career with the Toronto Blue Jays and Philadelphia Phillies. He threw a perfect game during the 2010 season and a no-hitter that postseason.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Holy crap.  I remember watching him pitch a lot.  He was fantastic. 

So sad to here he's gone so young.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

I hated watching him on the mound against my Yanks.  He was such a competitor.  Sorry to hear of his passing.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Arctic Blast

BanzaiCat

RIP...that sucks.

TMZ is reporting that he was showboating and caught on video doing so, before he crashed.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/08/roy-halladay-plane-crash-video-witnesses-showboating/

Arctic Blast

So, 3 of the 7 planes of that type that have been built have now crashed. And it sounds like the manufacturer might be exaggerating just how easily it handles at low altitudes, too.