Author Topic: GMT's New P500s  (Read 3568 times)

Offline bob48

• GrogHeads Mods
  • Arquebusier
Re: GMT's New P500s
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2017, 04:10:38 PM »
OSC? Reluctant Enemies is a good one to start with. I've been playing it with a buddy (who got me hooked on the system) and we're now playing Tunisia II on Vassal.

I can honestly say that I'm very impressed with the system and wish I had been convinced (by my buddy) to look at it before. Its been around for a good few years and is a very refined system. In particular, I'm impressed by the way the system handles logistics and air power - not complicated at all but it has a lot of depth.

If, like me, you like operational level games, then this system is hard to beat.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Offline bob48

• GrogHeads Mods
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2017, 04:13:13 PM »
No.  Not at all.  But it looks fantastic and covers an interesting battle and units.  Frankly Bob should be all over it.

I have looked at it, and it scares the daylight out of me..............it looks very interesting and I got as far as getting the rules off GMT's site - but..........too many games...........not enough disposable income!

Also, see my comments re OCS  :)

'Clip those corners'

Offline Bison

• Captain America
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2017, 04:14:10 PM »
The POLAR BEARS come on Bob! 

Offline bob48

• GrogHeads Mods
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2017, 04:14:50 PM »
Yeah, I know  >:(

'Clip those corners'

Offline Bison

• Captain America
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »
Its one of the few "D-Day" games that is exclusively British units.  I know its not D-Day, but shortly there after but you get my point.

Offline bob48

• GrogHeads Mods
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2017, 04:23:08 PM »
I do, because I have long lamented the lack of such games. One of the reasons why I would like 'Beyond the Rhine' is that it includes a scenario that covers the Breskens Pocket and clearing the Scheldt. I really find the operations by 21st Army Group to be of great interest.

Book tip - 'The Long Left Flank' by Jeffery Williams follows Canadian 1st Army and is an excellent read.

'Clip those corners'