"Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, October 15, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom

Been at an out-of-state conference over weekend.  Won't be home and settled until Monday night, Pacific time.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Cyrano on November 19, 2017, 02:21:06 PM
Re: "Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Did we ever specify which October?  :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

lol I was just about to say surely it's November by now

mirth

I propose this thread be renamed "Six Years in October"
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

Agreed

Or six beers in a toga for all those frat parties I didn't go to

Cyrano

@Dom, the only non-lunatic in this assembly:  no worries.  I figured to do 0400-0600 tomorrow evening anyway.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Barthheart

Hatricvs

Serried ranks of pointy sticks are on their way to deal some hurt to the French....huzzah!

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0500, 18th October 1806!

Wanted to keep the clock winding, but I know a commander or two wanted to get in some 0600 orders!

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

dom

Quote from: Cyrano on November 19, 2017, 09:02:58 PM
@Dom, the only non-lunatic in this assembly:  no worries.  I figured to do 0400-0600 tomorrow evening anyway.

Haha!

Spent entire Monday in airports  (instead of a few hours). Work all day. ...should be back at campaign tomorrow...Wed.

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0600, 18th October 1806!

Not ready to march quite yet, but it is....DAWN!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Hatricvs

...that is very submissive of you...I like it!

JasonPratt

I'm not even sure how I got to that joke; my ear medicine may be throwing my sense of humor off balance.  :hide:

Trying to trace it from memory...  I was going to quip "Prepare for something!" (in the sense of who knows what we're going to do, I'm certainly not giving away our plans) and then noticed I had grossly mistyped "prepare" -- but in a way that looked like it sounded vaguely French in accent, which I wanted to keep. In order for the joke to work, I thought about mis-spelling "dawn" with a similarly silly French accent instead of "something", which immediately led me to remember that poor air-headed ingenue character from the 70s Kong movie (which as an adaptation I rather like). I went to look if she had any memes, and didn't find any, so I decided to try to create a relevant meme.

I thought about "Dwan is coming", but then realized that that sounded waaaaaay different after I typed it than it did in my head.  :wow: So I went back to my first plan.

(Yet being quite the baroque operator, I mentioned it anyway. {/classic Deadpool ref})
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!