Stranger Things (2016)

Started by Nefaro, July 17, 2016, 10:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Erm...I missed this one until my daughter was raving about the second one coming out.

Just watched Season 1 in a day...bloody good, excellent acting from the kids, great story and great 80s vide going on. Lots borrowed from lots of shows but extremely well done.
Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

I love this show.

Season 2 is out now here in the USA. Last night I watched the last 2 eps of S1 to get back up to speed. Will be watching at least 1-2 eps of S2 tonight.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

I'm stuck until Monday/Tuesday watching with the wife.  She's got to take Bayonet Jr down to Charleston for a pair of soccer games, which means I have to wait till she gets back to watch.
Which is OK, b/c there's 2 more World Series games for the Astros to win :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 28, 2017, 05:42:42 AM
Season 2 is out now here in the USA. Last night I watched the last 2 eps of S1 to get back up to speed. Will be watching at least 1-2 eps of S2 tonight.

Looking forward to checking it out, myself!  O0

JudgeDredd

Both seasons watched in a weekend. Very good  O0
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

JD, do you think the 2nd season is as good as the first?

Hofstadter

Loving it loving it loving it up to ep4
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BanzaiCat on October 30, 2017, 05:50:21 AM
JD, do you think the 2nd season is as good as the first?
No - but I still really enjoyed it
Alba gu' brath

Hofstadter

One thing that bugged me. The friggin disconnec with the Indian girl, Kali. Waaaaay too long to introduce her and even then she played such a minimal tropey part of the story
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Staggerwing

Maybe she's a setup for season 3?

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

trailrunner

My wife and I just finished season 2, watching most of the episodes over the weekend.  We thought season 2 was pretty good, but maybe they should end the show now.

Nefaro

Quote from: trailrunner on November 05, 2017, 05:41:05 PM
My wife and I just finished season 2, watching most of the episodes over the weekend.  We thought season 2 was pretty good, but maybe they should end the show now.

Yeah. 

Perhaps they should've gone with a different cast, storyline, location, etc with a similar theme.  Like the Fargo series, for example.  I think that would be better for quality in the long run. 

Such as various other things/themes from "the upside down" or wotnot, elsewhere.  In slightly different time periods.

bayonetbrant

we just finished S2, and enjoyed it

watching the kids awkwardly struggle thru early teenage years was particularly endearing, given what my son's going thru

I think they may be over-expanding the cast a little rapidly, though

Staggerwing

Well, they also pruned back a little.