Stranger Things (2016)

Started by Nefaro, July 17, 2016, 10:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Stranger Things series was released this weekend on Netflix.

Good monster-mystery series.   :)

Ended up binge watching the damn thing over a couple days.

MetalDog

My daughter was raving about it this morning after being up until 4 watching it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Centurion40

I've watched Episode 1. Not bad. I'll watch Episode 2.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Wes

I binged it. Pretty good. I wasn't a big viewer of the material from the '80s that these guys riffed off of but still caught enough things to make it fun. Worth a look. Better than a lot of things I've seen this year.
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

bayonetbrant

a local buddy of mine is over-the-top gaga over it
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

It's an enjoyable monster flick.  Errr.. series.

Interesting beastie situation without ridiculous jump-scare filmography so overused in most modern horror movies.  The main characters consist mostly of the kids, so it has a bit of that Goonies vibe.

I'd say more, but I'm not going to spoil anything.

BanzaiCat

It's on my list too. Though, I've started to watch Wayward Pines online; now that is some creepy, weird stuff.

airboy

My wife and I got hooked on this quickly.  We watched 4 episodes in 2 days.  Sort of a cross between:
X-Files
Sixteen Candles
Goonies
Watchers a book by Dean Koontz. 

bayonetbrant

we went nuts for it a few weeks ago and watched the whole thing in a week

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Once I got into it I was hooked, too, and watched the entire thing in a few days.

Now I'm on Colony.

Emeraldlis

My daughter hooked me into this , damn kid  ;D couldn't stop watching it , binge watched over a few nights . Really thought Winona Ryder did a great job , but I think she's a good actress anyway  :)

And eleven , wow , she's definately an up and coming star I think !

Loved it , can't wait for series two .
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

airboy

We finished it.  It was excellent.

bayonetbrant

Arctic Blast

Season 2 trailer is up!

:o WANT SEE NOW!!!