New Punisher Series

Started by mirth, April 29, 2016, 11:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

One Love Scene with brief boobie.  :-*
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Finished Punisher a few minutes ago. Freaking great! Daredevil next. I may even invite The Wife to watch with me, but I've read/heard that it is ultraviolent...and The Wife may not be able to handle it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

It is violent but it is used to shock and make you feel uncomfortable, not just for violence's sake like most of us do.  ;D  It also has some of the best staged fight scenes anywhere. After the first two episodes if you're still onboard, you're hooked! My wife didn't like the violence either but loved the show over all.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I think The Wife would like the Punisher, it did remind me of Homeland in a lot of ways. Hmm maybe I should invite her for Daredevil...but then I would be giving up watching it ALONE in my mancave.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Watch it alone first like I did, then with her so you can watch her make faces during the scary scenes.

Gusington

If your wife loved the show overall except for the violence The Wife will probably feel the same...but I give up my mancave viewing.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Daredevil is great.

I think the supporting baddies (and anti-heroes in the case of Punisher) is what really makes it good.  Along with some of the grim scenes and choreography.

That whole first season episode (#3 ?), which starts in the bowling ally, was when I went from "good" to "awesome".

Sir Slash

Right. And DD gets his ass kicked pretty good a few times in the series including a couple by Punisher. Worth seeing.  :clap:

SirAndrewD

Wife and I finished the season tonight. 

I'm an old school Punisher fan, dating back to the War Journal days all the way through Ennis and MAX.  One of the few comics I actually read and came up with.

I saw all three of the movies, the latter two in the theater and couldn't stand any of them (though I actually liked Thomas Jane and thought his Dirty Laundry fan film was great). 

I loved this series.  Really knocked it out of the park.  Took a lot of what I liked best about the older 90's Punisher and the grittiness of the MAX version and made a thing that's all its own.  Possibly my second favorite of the Marvel TV after Daredevil. 

Looking forward to Season 2.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback