The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6!

Started by Lord Zimoa, February 01, 2016, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

Quote from: mirth on March 16, 2018, 11:28:15 AM
It's not even clear that a skirmish mode will be added:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/715800/discussions/0/2949168661149113781/

QuoteSlitherine_Iain  [developer] 6 hours ago
I think there's a misunderstanding on Skirmish mode. This isn't something that is planned. can you let me know where I said this as it must have been some mistake

Quoteemmanuel [has Check Your 6!] 5 hours ago

Originally posted by Slitherine_Iain:
    I think there's a misunderstanding on Skirmish mode. This isn't something that is planned. can you let me know where I said this as it must have been some mistake.

Another dev said this here : http://steamcommunity.com/app/715800/discussions/0/1700542332319427385/

grey [développeur] Il y a 17 heures
Hi everyone :)

Dev here - we have the Skirmish mode in the devtest, but it still requires some improvements, so while we keep working on making it available for all of you, let us know what else we might improve in the game overall.

QuoteSlitherine_Iain  [developer] 5 hours ago
Oh ok that's news to us....!

Quotegrey  [developer] 4 hours ago
Yeah, I should probably explain - we have a skirmish mode in devtest, but it's not complete - as mentioned above it requires some real improvements and it's not yet approved to be released. Sorry if my comment misled you.

So the publisher doesn't even know that a skirmish mode is being worked on by the devs?  :idiot2:

That was me, all over that thread. I got conflicting information from Grey, the developer, and Iain, from Slitherine.

Apparently, the skirmish mode is a thing, but under continuing development, or is a thing, completed, but yet to be implemented, or is NOT a thing, but under consideration, or IS a thing, but Slitherine doesn't know anything about it. Clear?

Not to me either. Without some sort of skirmish mode, or dynamic campaign, then all we get are 17 scripted missions. Once these are "solved", then it's on to a different game. Not thanks...I'll wait.

IronX

Quote from: Zulu1966 on March 16, 2018, 08:57:25 PM
Quote from: IronX on March 16, 2018, 06:17:56 PM
I considered doing just that, but decided to stick with it. I found it was my rudder pedals that caused the cursor drift, so unplugging them is a temporary solution. There are, however, many other things about the game that irk me. But I aim to push on and conquer the beast.

I am thoroughly confused as to what game is actually being discussed in this thread now...

I can understand your confusion. It is actually Check Your 6! that we're talking about. The issue is that other input devices, such as those used for games like flight sims, conflict with it. I've never had this happen before and wouldn't have worked it out if it wasn't for the above cryptic discussion.

Johnnie

This game got me to want to replay Talonsoft's:  Spitfire/Battle of Britain and 12 O'Clock High.  I have Windows 10 and I can't even get these games to install.  Anyone know how? 

IronX

Have you tried right-clicking on the shortcut, Properties> Compatibility> Run this program compatible for [select OS]?

Johnnie

IronX:  Thanks but no joy.  Tried what you suggested and I can't even load the CD.

IronX

That's too bad. I guess the only way to run them would be on a machine with the original OS installed, which is pretty much a non-starter for most.

The wargaming community could do with a good WWII strategic air game that's designed for today's computers.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Johnnie on March 17, 2018, 07:58:35 PM
IronX:  Thanks but no joy.  Tried what you suggested and I can't even load the CD.

Both games were reissued under 1 title by matrix and Eagle Day Bombing the Reich.  Runs fine for me on Win 10. No CD, just Matrix standard key.  Of course it would suck to have to buy them again...except that they are somewhat improved...bugs, data errors fixed etc.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Staggerwing

CY6 reminds me more of Avalon Hill/Big Time Software's Achtung Spitfire and Over the Reich than it does the Talonsoft games.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Quote from: Johnnie on March 17, 2018, 04:57:12 PM
This game got me to want to replay Talonsoft's:  Spitfire/Battle of Britain and 12 O'Clock High.  I have Windows 10 and I can't even get these games to install.  Anyone know how?

Looks like it's possible but you would need to somehow install it first. A virtual machine might work.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Johnnie

Staggerwing:  Those are the games I am talking about (Achtung Spitfire and 12 Oclock High) not the two games Matrix re-issued a while ago.
These games, AS and 12 Oclock, won't run from the disks I have, on Windows 10.  Old Games sells the two games as downloads.   The Old Games download version of 12 Oclock High runs fine with no tinkering.  I can't get AS to run at all or even install.

Richie61

So is CY6 worth the money to invest in? Seems like it's kinda pricey for 7 missions, no skirmish mode or MP yet.
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

MikeGER

Quote from: Richie61 on March 18, 2018, 07:26:26 PM
So is CY6 worth the money to invest in? Seems like it's kinda pricey for 7 missions, no skirmish mode or MP yet.

after reading through the posts
maybe we should rename the thread to: The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6! 
...if someone get it in this state and for the full price ^-^

Zulu1966

Quote from: MikeGER on March 19, 2018, 01:49:36 AM
Quote from: Richie61 on March 18, 2018, 07:26:26 PM

after reading through the posts
maybe we should rename the thread to: The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6! 
...if someone get it in this state and for the full price ^-^

Well. Price is relative to the individual I guess. It's 20 pounds and I have spent considerably more on a few beers on a night out so horses for courses.

It is a nicely put together game bit I find the lack of skirmish or scenario creator puzzling. It's an air game so it's basically choose your planes and of you go so as compared to say a land based game it should be easy to put together. I can only suggest it is DLC that they have in mind but think that should be more aimed at new campaigns and planes. So yes I think it's worth it but may have a different view on things.

I must say though that I thought the control scheme in that Sid Meier mobile game was better and clearer.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Cyrano

In its current state, I think the $30 ask is a bit high.

The graphics are good but not great, the sound design is surprisingly poor, and, as I've said, that yoke interface I can do without.

Clean at least some of this up and get a full scenario editor with a quick-skirmish cherry-pick system and I think the price is dead on.

And, of course, +2 for live MP!  It's easy, intuitive, and a fair amount of fun.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Cyrano on March 19, 2018, 04:22:43 PM
In its current state, I think the $30 ask is a bit high.

The graphics are good but not great, the sound design is surprisingly poor, and, as I've said, that yoke interface I can do without.

Clean at least some of this up and get a full scenario editor with a quick-skirmish cherry-pick system and I think the price is dead on.

And, of course, +2 for live MP!  It's easy, intuitive, and a fair amount of fun.

+1 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.