Tigers on the Hunt

Started by BlackJaguar, December 02, 2015, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu1966

Quote from: BlackJaguar on December 03, 2015, 08:32:06 PM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on December 03, 2015, 08:25:43 PM
Quote from: BlackJaguar on December 03, 2015, 07:47:37 PM
Hi Zulu1966,

Sorry I missed your message. "I cant see any hexside features in the maps ? Walls, fences etc ?" Correct, the game engine currently doesn't support walls/fences/hedges. Perhaps in the future...there is so much more stuff to do, yet so little time. If could work on the game 10 hours a day without day job than anything is possible, I just need to win lottery :)

OK no problem BJ. I admire the fact you have created something I know the kind of effort it takes - especially with a day job.
Must admit - no hexside features is a pretty big hole for me. No Bocage I guess ?  Will still likely buy day one though.
If I won the lottery - I would pay someone else to write the game though.

Yes correct, no bocage as well. When you think about it that there are 4 nationalities, there is a lot of content. However it's really hard to put everything in the game with the time that I have. I spent a lot of time working on the AI, I preferred to work on that then adding every single terrain feature into the game. I do have 5 levels of elevation ( base + 4 levels of hills), line of sight is calculated down to pixel level and it was a tough job....never mind unit pathfinding.

Would be good to add them when you can. They would add a lot IMHO to terrain. Good to hear about the elevations - as I say - you will get nothing from me but admiration at what you have achieved already.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

BlackJaguar

Quote from: MikeGER on December 04, 2015, 03:24:06 AM
I do have 5 levels of elevation ( base + 4 levels of hills), line of sight is calculated down to pixel level and it was a tough job....never mind unit pathfinding.

...are there multistory buildings then? 

I am looking forward to your game anyway :)

unfortunately no because it is hard to do the interface that will handle units in multiple locations in the same hex...this is something that is on my to do list once I go 3D.

BlackJaguar

Quote from: Zulu1966 on December 04, 2015, 05:50:41 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on December 03, 2015, 08:25:43 PM
Quote from: BlackJaguar on December 03, 2015, 07:47:37 PM
Hi Zulu1966,

Sorry I missed your message. "I cant see any hexside features in the maps ? Walls, fences etc ?" Correct, the game engine currently doesn't support walls/fences/hedges. Perhaps in the future...there is so much more stuff to do, yet so little time. If could work on the game 10 hours a day without day job than anything is possible, I just need to win lottery :)

OK no problem BJ. I admire the fact you have created something I know the kind of effort it takes - especially with a day job.
Must admit - no hexside features is a pretty big hole for me. No Bocage I guess ?  Will still likely buy day one though.
If I won the lottery - I would pay someone else to write the game though.

Yes correct, no bocage as well. When you think about it that there are 4 nationalities, there is a lot of content. However it's really hard to put everything in the game with the time that I have. I spent a lot of time working on the AI, I preferred to work on that then adding every single terrain feature into the game. I do have 5 levels of elevation ( base + 4 levels of hills), line of sight is calculated down to pixel level and it was a tough job....never mind unit pathfinding.

Would be good to add them when you can. They would add a lot IMHO to terrain. Good to hear about the elevations - as I say - you will get nothing from me but admiration at what you have achieved already.

Thanks, well if I get good enough sales there will be more coming :)

savatee

OK, I'm convinced Pete. I'll get it as soon as it comes out.

Rekim

Same here. Another day one purchaser.

BlackJaguar

I also wanted to let you know guys that the features development has stopped about year and a half ago. Since then I have been doing testing and overall polishing. Of course when beta test program started in June I have fixed bugs as well as accommodated feedback from beta testers and added further helpful features into the game to make it easier for the users to play the game. This means that the game is as of now  in polished state, if any bugs will surface I will promptly address them :)

Zulu1966

Quote from: BlackJaguar on December 04, 2015, 02:21:33 PM
I also wanted to let you know guys that the features development has stopped about year and a half ago. Since then I have been doing testing and overall polishing. Of course when beta test program started in June I have fixed bugs as well as accommodated feedback from beta testers and added further helpful features into the game to make it easier for the users to play the game. This means that the game is as of now  in polished state, if any bugs will surface I will promptly address them :)

Looking forward to the release then ....
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Grim.Reaper

BlackJaguar

jomni

Asid

Tigers on the Hunt reveals its Cover Art!

A fearsome Panzerkampfwagen VI – also known as the Tiger I – stands alone, its tracks in the mud, while its commander watches, ready to engage the enemy!
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Dammit Carl!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Yskonyn

BlackJaguar thanks for doing this!
As an ASL initiate myself (thanks to GJK) I am where you once were; amazed at how detailed this game is despite its 'simple looks'.
I would applaud an electronic version or port of the ASL system.

Have you considered contacting MMP to see wether you could perhaps make it an official product. It would provide a great training or learning tool if it would be a true ASL port.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."