Main Menu

The Strain

Started by mirth, July 12, 2015, 12:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

I'll set the DVR  but...

was getting a bit 'Meh' near the end of the last season. 

*slight spoilers possible from here*

Is it wrong to dislike a show that made you hope the main protagonist's beloved son got his head crushed under a large machine?  I mean.. before the writers actually wanted you to dislike him? 

Actually.. I think my problem with the show is not liking many of the main characters.  The Old Man and, later, the Fighty Vengeance Dude are okay.  Along with Rat Man, before getting involved with Miss Fancypants' bullshit. 

It's only salvation will hinge on whether the main character goes full-on Terminator mode, like some of the others I just mentioned, or continues on his path of Doting Blah-ness and Wishful Naivety.

mirth

The first two seasons were a mess. A handful of strong performances saved it from being total dreck.

I get a sense that the people behind realize it needs to be a lot better. I'm going to give the first couple of episodes a chance. If it's more of the same, I'll be done with it.

The novels were solid. The TV show has been tiresome so far.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Final season starts in a couple weeks. I'm going to watch it just to see it end. Kinda weird, I don't really like this show, but I've watched it all.

mirth

So this wrapped up last night. About what I expected.  The ending at least tied things up. Glad it's over.