WiTP:AE Beginner's Game

Started by KyzBP, May 09, 2015, 11:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

I'll see if I can find a set on matrix - I can't remember if the U.S. Even gets to move on turn 1

KyzBP

I found this in an AAR over at Matrix:

HOUSERULES AND GAME SETTINGS
REALISM OPTIONS
FOW ON
Advanced weather ON
Allied damage control ON
PDU ON
Historical first turn OFF
Dec 7 surprise ON
Reliable USN torps OFF
Realistic R&D ON
No unit withdrawals OFF
Reinforcements +/- 15

GAME OPTIONS
Combat reports ON
Auto sub ops OFF
TF move radius ON
Plane move radius ON
Facilities expand OFF
Auto upgrade ships and airgroups OFF
Air and ground replacements OFF
Turn cycle 1 TURN

1st turn rules:
Allied player only able to command TF already at sea
No transferring or loading of squadrons
Max 30% cap set per squadron
No Japanese invasion TF will finish the turn more than 15 hexes from a starting Japanese base DBB:C / DaIronBabes + no Mersing Gambit on turn 1 (turn 2 is fair)

Game rules:
No 4e naval bombing below 10k
Sensible use of paratroopers
Pay full PP for units to cross national borders
No strategic bombing from or into China
Picket ships allowed if of the military type

It may be a good starting point.  I'll keep looking to see if there's anything better.

undercovergeek

Those all seem to ring a bell and seem fair enough - the hex limit on the tfs seems rough especially as there are tfs granted a special double move on turn 1 for the Japanese

KyzBP

We can scratch the hex limit.  I also wouldn't mind changing the Reinforcments to +\- 60.  Not a big deal.  I just like the extra randomness.
I'm also not sure about this: Pay full PP for units to cross national borders
I'm sure it applies to the Allies but never knew you had to pay PPs to cross borders.  Then again I've only just started playing this.

Were you able to get your copy going?

undercovergeek

Home in an hour - but looks ok

undercovergeek

whats your version?

ive got the download link but some serious patching is required

KyzBP

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 07, 2015, 02:40:54 PM
whats your version?

ive got the download link but some serious patching is required

I'm patched all the way up.  The only thing I've added is the Iron Mod but I think that's just a scenario.

Take your time.  I know the Japanese setup takes some time so feel free to take as much as you need.  I'm playing the Iron Mod right now to give myself an idea of how the game plays compared to the original WiTP.  I'm still in Dec. of 41 so I have plenty to do until you're ready.

Thanks again for accepting!

undercovergeek

there is a link on the matrix page saying WitP AE received a massive update in March 15 - is that the one you used - if were not compatible were doomed!!!

Day off tomorrow, give me a day or 2 to get the first order done, i remember it been like science

KyzBP

The last time I updated was the March 15th update so we should be good.

I've been reading AARs for ideas and noticed there are a lot of different starts for the Japanese, which, of course, makes my life harder.

Take your time.

undercovergeek

Well, thats the airframe production and economy done!!  :o

now the actual moving and killing and stuff!!

KyzBP

I don't envy the Japanese player during the first parts of the game.  Again, take your time, no rush.  And thanks again for taking me up on this.

undercovergeek

Quote from: KyzBP on June 09, 2015, 03:54:31 PM
I don't envy the Japanese player during the first parts of the game.  Again, take your time, no rush.  And thanks again for taking me up on this.

no worries, id forgotten how much i liked this game

undercovergeek

oops forgot port/airfield expansion, ship conversion, engines and repair yards -  :smitten:

i promise actual movement is next KyzBP

KyzBP

Take your time.  Make sure you have everything the way you want it.  You only get one shot at your first turn.

Do want to use email or Dropbox?  I have no preference.  I'm also thinking of doing an AAR.  I'm sure the peanut gallery will berate me over my tactics (or lack there of) but it could be fun none the less.

undercovergeek

Ok, almost done - light at the end of the tunnel

PM your email and ill send a drop box share

Ill AAR from my end too