WH40K turn Based Strategy Coming to iOS

Started by Jarhead0331, March 18, 2015, 04:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Probably won't run on my sad little i4, from the look of it, and we'll get the Deathwatch PC game anyway. But I still want.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

I believe this due for release this evening.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Barthheart

QuoteiPad 4 or better, or a iPhone 5/5C

These requirements are way above my poor iPad 2.....  :(

Jarhead0331

Yeah. It won't run on my first generation iPad mini, but it does run on my wife's 4th gen iPad. I must say, it kicks ass too. Even though it is pretty "lite" I'd still say it's Probably the best 40k turn based strategy game to come in a long while.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

I would like to reiterate just how great this game is. For a mobile title, it may be the best top-down turn-based strategy game I have ever played. In fact, it is so good, it prompted me to go out and spend $300 on a new ipad so I can play whenever I want and not have to bother the wife to use her device.

The graphics are really great, the story telling is simple, but satisfying, each of your marines can be improved with skills, war gear and weapons, and each come with subtle, yet distinct personalities. The missions are very varied and require you to accomplish diverse objectives. The combat is pretty simple, but that is not keeping me from enjoying it. As you level up your marines and acquire more wear gear, the tactical options to expand.

Ultimately, I'm not sure how much replayability there will be in the base game, but clearly, there will be add-ons with new chapters, missions, weapons, Marines, enemies, etc.

Two thumbs up, highly recommend.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

Have I reiterated recently that I wants it for the PC?

Because I wannnntsssss it.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 22, 2015, 07:20:50 AM
Have I reiterated recently that I wants it for the PC?

Because I wannnntsssss it.

...and its one of the few mobile titles that would actually be totally worth a purchase on the pc.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog