You can't feel my FRIDAY driving me insane

Started by MetalDog, December 07, 2018, 06:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hofstadter

Not much gaming for me. My hard drive conked out last week, my partner gave me his spare though and I'm still putting games on it. So for me it's siege, total war Atilla and trying to figure out the arma warlords game mode. Also got an interview on Tuesday for an admin position for an r&d boss in a cosmetic company!
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

bbmike

Quote from: Hofstadter on December 07, 2018, 08:12:05 PM
Not much gaming for me. My hard drive conked out last week, my partner gave me his spare though and I'm still putting games on it. So for me it's siege, total war Atilla and trying to figure out the arma warlords game mode. Also got an interview on Tuesday for an admin position for an r&d boss in a cosmetic company!

Good luck!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 07, 2018, 09:55:33 AM
Quote from: trek on December 07, 2018, 08:22:44 AM
"If it walks like a Duck": Playing some more Mutant Year Zero. Maybe some CMSF2 and I need to actually play some Armored Brigade. Also, need to update Star Citizen and work on my weapon load-outs for my continued A-B fighter testing between my Sabre and Super Hornet. Delaying buying X4 as I've already got too many new games to devote quality time to as it is.

3.4 is with Evocatii. Should go to wider PTU within the next week!

Exciting. That sounds like a major star citizen patch.
P.S. I ended up playing stellaris until 4am with two buddies. We had megacorps going. A friend was opening branches in my systems... but it cost him energy credits per month.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Good luck Hof...from your posts here we can see it has not been an easy few months.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Quiet day today of pool-cleaning and kicking the Italians out of East Africa in TOAW 4. I'm thinking the pool will be the tougher fight.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 07, 2018, 04:56:20 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on December 07, 2018, 03:14:36 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 07, 2018, 02:11:50 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on December 07, 2018, 01:41:45 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 07, 2018, 11:10:07 AM
I think that was JH hitting on you.

Well I do have to play hard to get you know.  I'm cheap but not easy.   ;D

But I'd love to play TI4 with JH if he were to say get the game.  I'm only a 2.5 hour drive away.

Really? Where are you again?

I just might consider that!

I'm in the greater Boston area so not too far away from you. (assuming your not far from the big apple)

Yeah...I'm about an hour east of the City.  :-\

It sounds like you live near my old stomping grounds. Piscataway / Middlesex.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2018, 05:27:57 PM
I'm in Cape May right now if that counts.

Yer in the "Deep South" there. Go west about 20 minutes and it's like a whole 'nother State

That said i now live spitting distance from PA.

Gusington

It's definitely Deep South for me. Beautiful for holiday time, though.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

My brother-in-law got married in Cape May. We stayed at Congress Hall. Must be quiet this time of year...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

^ Heh, small world.  My wife and I got married at Hereford Lighthouse, which I believe is on the Wildwood/Cape May border.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: Gusington on December 07, 2018, 11:52:38 AM
If I just get to take a nap I will be ecstatic!

Groggy - post impressions of you can on Germany at War, I just bought it too.

So far I've played the tutorial for GaW. It was a straightforward tutorial scenario of having to destroy some Russian infantry and occupying a 'Target A'  town hex. It was a very simple scenario where you selected a combination of tiger and air units, although I'm not quite sure yet how support units work in the game. I like the UI and the graphics look pretty crisp. I also like the contrast and colors of the map, although I've only seen the tutorial map thus far. One feature I like in the game system is that adjacent friendly units to an attacking friendly unit reduce an enemy unit's defense.

A few screenshots of the tutorial scenario are attached.

Groggy

"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

JasonPratt

As much as I like Panzer General successors, WHY DO I KEEP FORGETTING THIS GAME EXISTS -- AND I'VE ALREADY GOT IT?!!?  :pullhair:

Dl'd last November's patch and applied...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!