Conan Strategy Game Announced

Started by Labbug, December 09, 2018, 10:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Labbug

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/08/strategy-game-conan-unconquered-announced-for-2019

Sorry, I put this in the wrong thread.  Could someone move this to Computer Wargaming?

airboy

The game description seems quite unappealing.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

-budd-

Pretty much read all the Conan books, doesn't seem to have anything to do with the source material. Looks like tower defense with a Conan figure thrown in, and maybe some familiar place names.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Skoop

Your probally better off playing Conan exiles.

Yskonyn

It sounds and looks like a mobile game. Bah.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Quote from: Skoop on December 09, 2018, 07:42:22 PM
Your probally better off playing Conan exiles.

Which of course is where my joke came from. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

I read a number of the books.  While I enjoyed them, I'm not sure that "Conan" and "strategy" really belong in the same sentence.

That said, if the game play is good, I don't really care if I'm Peter Rabbit fighting a horde of Nazi Dinosaurs.

Gusington

Those are the worst kind of dinosaurs.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on December 11, 2018, 01:26:54 PM
That said, if the game play is good, I don't really care if I'm Peter Rabbit fighting a horde of Nazi Dinosaurs.

Which sounds awesome!

And as it happens, there is a first-person shooter called Dino D-day, featuring Nazi dinosaurs released to repel Overlord. If you're wearing a bunny costume while playing it, then SEEK SOME PROFESSIONAL HELP IMMEDIATELY FOR GOD'S SAKE!  :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!