DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haerdalas

Not usre if Fluffy can arrive this turn, might have to be next turn. I will check.

Fluffy does a mere 50 or so damage a turn. But a single hit and it knocks you unconscious, leaving you vulnerable to critical hits. Also, you must make an MR check every time you attack or die instantly.

He regens 36 hp per turn. Heroic Toughness gives him 360 hp.

Haerdalas

Forget that, he can make it. And |I was slightly wrong - his heroic toughness has improved, and he now has 391 hp and regens 41hp per turn (? not 10%?)

Wingedflamez

Yeah I cant handle fluffy.  I've got 25 regen a turn, but getting knocked unconscious if I get hit, Which I will, I cant take that kind of a beating.

Will see what happens though.

Haerdalas

Huh. Not sure what happened there, but I apparently staled. Weird.

Bronwell

Lol.  I thought to myself, knowing me I will get the 3000 gold event now after not getting any good gold events all game.  I was wrong.  I got the best event in game - the 3000 gold plus magic items (winged helmet) plus massive pile of fire gems (only 11).  That would have been a huge boost to my research earlier in game since my best mages are not cap only.  I've been gold starved all game until the last 6 turns.  Ah well. 4909 gold to spend on last turn. ;)

Haerdalas

Is it definate that the game is ending then? With who as the winner, me?

Bronwell

I'm fine with ending the game now, conceding to Haerdalas the winner.

After my last lucky turn, and with Haerdalas slightly slowed down by his stale, I would be willing to play a few more turns to see if everyone ganging up on him could slow him down, if most others still wanted to play a few turns, maybe see a few battles, and if we could speed things up by moving back to 48 hour hosting and setting Jotun to AI.  We have been averaging 2 turns a week and at that pace this was going to take many months to finish mopping up.  At 3-4 turns a week, it would be more bearable and resolve faster.  I do feel bad somewhat, as I feel somewhat like quitting now would be unfair to Haerdalas.  He has spent the whole game, pretty much playing the long game, and now that we are finally at the endgame, I'm quitting before he really gets a chance to play with all the toys he has built.   The game is not yet at the point at which he owns most of the provinces, most of the gem and gold income and at which it truly just becomes unfun for everyone else to play.  I know that when I won my last(and first) MP game by concession a few months ago, I wished it had gone a little bit longer so I could use all the things I had planned for and built.

I still think that TC is likely to win and given that many didn't even turn in this turn, it might be best to just call this game.  I leave it up to everyone else, but my vote would still be to end the game.  If most others still wanted to play, I would be willing to continue for a couple of weeks, maybe a month, if we could speed up the pace to 3-4 turns a week by setting hosting to 48 hours and setting missing players to AI.   I definitely would need to stop or have a sub in December.

Regardless of what happens, I have enjoyed the game.  Thanks for playing.  I look forward to seeing the rest of you in the future in Dominions 4.

Haerdalas

The problem with playing on is that one of my main ways of going for the long game was to be fairly innocuous and to appear to be less of a threat than I actually was. Had you not basically told everyone I was the biggest threat, I would have hope to remain relatively unbothered by other players for at least a bit longer. If everyone ganged up on me right now, I would probably lose. Had things continued as they were, I would have likely taken most of Bandar before a true alliance against me came about, particularly as I made efforts to be on pretty good terms with everyone. 

This has been a fun game, and I would be proud to be able to announce that I won this, my first ever multiplayer Dominions game.

Wingedflamez

I hate To say this dude since you were honorable all game, but I was about to hit you with a couple units of dust warriors. And shortly later probably some unfrozen. I had decided before Bronwell said anything that you were probably gonn ahave to be dealt with.

Haerdalas

Ah. Fair enough. To be honest, I had planned to attack you for a very, very long time. But first I had to deal with Agartha because they had some very large armies that I feared leaving at my back. Then, just as I started finishing off Agartha, Bandar attacked and forced me to retaliate. Though I was not looking forwards to fighting you,  the only reason I had yet to do so was down to more troublesome neighbours.

Bronwell

So what are the votes as to continuing for a little while with faster turns?

Parone was looking for a sub so I assume his vote is stop now.

Gman, the pythium sub, wanted to continue.

Wingedflamez appeared to want to continue a bit but not clear.

Haerdalas appeared to want to continue but now not clear.

Agartha I assume doesnt care as only holding 2 provinces.

If Haerdalas and Winged want to keep playing, I will continue for a while with faster turns.  I definitely wont continue at the slow constantly extended pace we had the last several months.

Parone, could you set Jotun to AI and turns to 48 hours?  It wont have any effect if we quit but would greatly speed things up if we keep going.   If parone wants a sub or doesnt have time for turns it may be best for him to simply go AI

Could everyone please confirm what you want to do so everyone doesn't waste time doing turns or have to rush to get turn done because they thought this was done

Haerdalas

I am willing to let the game end.

Wingedflamez

I am for stopping. I would like to see the outcome of the fight between my tarrasque and one of haers grendlekin. Though at this point for the sake of being at all interesting it would be nice if it wasn't fluffy.

Haerdalas

Very well. I will send a generic Grendlekin up there instead.

Wingedflamez

It doesn't have to be an out of the box grendlekin, unless that's all you have other than epic gear fluffy.