What is wrong with Firefox?

Started by LongBlade, May 10, 2012, 09:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on May 23, 2012, 10:33:57 AM
Quote from: mirth on May 23, 2012, 09:54:21 AM
The front page numbers must be from Google Analytics?

Yup. Though I use an Alexa toolbar to see how our rank through them is growing.

Alexa's alright. You'll get better info overall out of GA. If there's any way to get GA installed on the forum pages, that would probably provide useful info. I don't know about everyone else, but I usually come to the forum first most of the time and then bounce out to the front pages.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MIGMaster

I log on quite often from my Playbook - damned if I know what browser it is ??????????

LongBlade

Quote from: MIGMaster on May 23, 2012, 02:21:20 PM
I log on quite often from my Playbook - damned if I know what browser it is ??????????

We have a number of odds and ends hitting us that I didn't list. They're down in the fractions of a percent in terms of users hitting us, so I didn't list them.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

I usually dive in sideways through the 'unread posts' link. Since last month when FF went frigid on me I browse on Google (Win7) about 70% and Safari (iPhone) 28%. The last 2% is when I use my photobucket plugin on FF to upload or to access a few bookmarks for financial housekeeping.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on May 23, 2012, 11:07:20 AM
^Is it growing?

You know that you can just go to Alexa.com and type in any website address to get the basic stats, right?  :D

Interesting. Figured I knew what the 'restraint' was regarding snark...yep. Interesting again.  ;)

LongBlade

And now Yahoo enters the Browser Wars.

They have a new browser called...Axis (a dubious choice).

Interestingly, it's supposed to integrate your web surfing between computer and iPad and/or iPhone.

I looked a the preview vid and I'm just not sold yet, but it is an interesting development.

http://axis.yahoo.com/
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

eyebiter