Whats your desktop background?

Started by TheCommandTent, February 05, 2012, 08:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

I am really posting this topic so I can steal everyone's cool looking desktop backgrounds.   8)

I am reading through the LOTR books again so with that in mind this is on my desktop this week.

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Steelgrave

^That's cool. Mine is.....big surprise here....the same as my avatar, only much bigger and cooler looking   ;D

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Staggerwing

Greybriar,
Is that Mad Ludwig's castle?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Arctic Blast

I've got about 15 or so that rotate on a regular basis (woohoo stupid Windows 7 features!). Various 40K images, Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, a Penguins logo, a few sports images, and some game related stuff.

I'm so grown up.  ;D

LongBlade

Currently I'm using an image I snapped on my deck last fall.  I'll provide a cropped snapshot, and a link to the original (rather large) image.

Hit this link if you want to download the full image: http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j349/longblade/Wallpaper/Butterfly_Wallpaper.jpg

Arctic Blast

That's a great shot, LB. How close did you manage to get to take that?

LongBlade

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 05, 2012, 05:00:42 PM
That's a great shot, LB. How close did you manage to get to take that?

I was standing out on the deck when it just landed on the table. It seemed to want to rest for a moment, so I pulled out my phone. It's an HTC with some super camera. I was probably four feet away - but the camera's snapshot was so large and clear that I can zoom in by just cropping the image. I managed to get three shots; that one is probably the best. The full image is on the link. Download it and crop it to your satisfaction.

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

MIGMaster

Leopard C2 in Afghanistan - I really like this pic.

TheCommandTent

MIGMaster

Thanks dude - feel free to steal it - it came from the Combat Camera PR service from the Canadian Forces.