Weird Cursor/Browser Issue

Started by Gusington, August 23, 2014, 12:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

If the cleansing didn't work maybe I can use one of your big orange horsepills.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Issue is not going away...had a hard lockup an hour ago that I had to force restart. Also have this error on reboot:

RunDLL: There was a problem starting C:\Users\Lloyd\AppData\Local\Conduit\Background\Container\BackgroundContainer.dll

The specified module could not be found,

WTF is that?

EDIT: quick research shows that it is indeed related to a trojan that spybot or malwarebytes removed. Attempting to clean up my startup config.  >:(

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Nuke it from orbit. Only way to be sure.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Sadly I'm not really kidding. Wipe it and reinstall the OS.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

And have a beer cuz it's the long weekend!

Gusington

Meh do I have to? I really don't to do that. I'll drink that beer while waiting for your response.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on August 29, 2014, 07:16:42 AM
Meh do I have to? I really don't to do that. I'll drink that beer while waiting for your response.

rollback?

Bison

Or "accidently" kick your tower down a flight of stairs and tell the Wife you need a new computer tower.  I'm pretty sure she'll buy your story and graciously allow you to get a new rig.

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on August 29, 2014, 07:16:42 AM

Having had similar crap in the past, it's the only way to really get rid of it. You can continue to try to clean the machine, but it could take many painful hours.

You can try posting on the Computer Hope forums for help. I've had excellent help from them in the past, but it was the many painful hours route. It did work in the end though.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

Gusington

Right now all is quiet. Was last night after I posted too after I cleaned the registry. If after another startup it reverts, I may try the Bison method. Thanks guys for your suggestions so far. Going to browse to pr0n now so let's see what occurs with the present 'immunizations' in place from Spybot.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

Well it came back and got really weird. The cursor turned into this two toned neon thing, then my system froze again. I think if I set the system back it won't work because I've that with viruses before in the past and it didn't work. I will run Malwarebytes and Spybot one more time because they both did remove a lot of crap and if that doesn't work...I suppose I will have to do the mirth option. Never did that before but it sounds colossally shitty.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

GDS_Starfury

How the fuck have you never formatted a pc before?   Its a basic man skill.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.